Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Can't figure out how to add code to display in <div class="opacityright">

Old May 20, 2010, 04:33 PM
schabadoo

2 posts · May 2010
Hi,

I don't know php and I'm stuck.

I'm trying to add a random quote rotater to the header of the Atahualpa theme, but can't figure it out. This is what is currently there:

if ( $bfa_ata['header_opacity_right'] != 0 AND $bfa_ata['header_opacity_right'] != '' ) { $header_image .= '<div class="opacityright">

<p>Testing text goes here</p></div>';

I need to add the random quotes to the 'opacityright' div. This is the code:

<?php echo $quoteRotator->getQuoteCode(); ?>
Old May 21, 2010, 03:41 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You could try
HTML Code:
if ( $bfa_ata['header_opacity_right'] != 0 AND $bfa_ata['header_opacity_right'] != '' ) { $header_image .= '<div class="opacityright"><p>' . echo $quoteRotator->getQuoteCode . '</p></div>';
Old May 23, 2010, 07:30 PM
schabadoo

2 posts · May 2010
Tried it, I get this:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ECHO in /home/balves/ehswire.com/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/functions/bfa_header_config.php on line 296
Old May 24, 2010, 05:40 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
well try getting rid of teh word 'echo' so you have
HTML Code:
if ( $bfa_ata['header_opacity_right'] != 0 AND $bfa_ata['header_opacity_right'] != '' ) { $header_image .= '<div class="opacityright"><p>' . $quoteRotator->getQuoteCode . '</p></div>';