Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] HOW TO: MultiSite or WP Multi Network: Easy Header Images

Old Jun 7, 2011, 03:45 AM
LANtait

56 posts · Jan 2011
Cebu Island, Philippines ~ I live on a tropical island!
For Single Sites and Multi Sites.

This Tiny Fix has become so much more than a simple way to make multisite header images work. It now adds a number of features in single site mode.

Within 48 Hours I will release the version for Atahualpa 3.6.7, it will be called...

Atahualpa Easy Header Fix 3.6.7

It is completed and under test. Each new release will track the Atahualpa release that it is made for.

Today in single site mode, this Easy Header Fix allows you to protect your header images, logos, and favicons from standard upgrades of both WordPress and Themes - even if updating from the WordPress.org site!

In single site mode, you can upload your header images and logos via the WordPress Image uploader inside of WordPress - just like uploading an image for a post or page.

Of course you can do all of this in multisite mode also! Different Header Images, logos, favicons for each site, safely tucked away, out of harms way for WordPress or Atahualpa Theme updates!

Even if you update Atahualpa from WordPress.org with the automatic option, you will not lose your files, just upload the Fix and they will reappear! Safe and sound.

Easy Header Fix is now working on many production site. Single sites, multisites, multi networks too! If you are interested in protecting your header images, logos, and favicons from any normal updates, this is the Easy Header Fix for you!

The Version 2.0 mod works perfectly in single site mode or multi site mode in Atahualpa 3.6.4

Atahualpa Easy Header Fix 3.6.7 will bring the same protection and features to single site mode or multi site mode in Atahualpa 3.6.7

Last edited by LANtait; Jun 8, 2011 at 10:56 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Jun 8, 2011, 11:15 PM
LANtait

56 posts · Jan 2011
Cebu Island, Philippines ~ I live on a tropical island!
I have now released the
Atahualpa Easy Header Fix

For Atahualpa 3.6.4 and Atahualpa 3.6.7

The Atahualpa Easy Header Fix has many great features including...
  1. It protects custom header images, logo images and favicons during updates (even automatic updates).
  2. It is backwards compatible with all Atahualpa settings (it breaks no functionality).
  3. It works for Single Sites and Multi Site Sites and WP Multi Network Sites.
  4. It allows automatic updates of Atahualpa (from WordPress.org), which will not delete custom image files (Truly automatic if merged into the Atahualpa code).
  5. It includes uploading all per-site graphics, the headers, the the logo and the favicon.
  6. All image files are uploaded via the WordPress media uploader (no FTP access is needed).
  7. It uses standard WordPress functions to find the upload directory.
  8. It allows Sort and Shuffle modes for Multi Site and Multi Network as well as Single site mode.
  9. It allows Normal Default Settings for Atahualpa to function in a normal way.
  10. It is SMALL (only 22KB download) and makes only nine very tiny changes in five easy to upload files ~ with full documentation.
All in all it is a very nice Fix, super easy to use, stable, and hopefully, it will be considered for permanent inclusion into the Atahualpa Core Code.

Installing the Easy Header Fix
This fix is very stable, powerful and much easier to use! In fact, easy as One, Two, Three!

Atahualpa Easy Header Fix Download Page

Atahualpa Easy Header Fix Complete Instructions
Note: These instructions are Posted HERE!.

The website for this fix (including history and versions) is at:
http://alantait.net/atahualpa/

This is the close of this topic... CONTINUE HERE!

If you use this fix... Think about donating to Juggledad, I've spent time figuring this issue out and coming up with the fix, but Juggledad is here daily supplying support. Being in the Philippines and without paypal, I cannot send money. However, you sending Juggledad a donation will encourage him (and me) to continue to support Atahualpa. You can use the 'Donate to Juggledad' button on the donate page.
Thanks, LAN