Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Set left sidebar widgets same distance from center area as right sidebar widgets

Old Feb 18, 2009, 03:11 PM
daisy24

40 posts · Feb 2009
Hi Flynn,

My widgets on the left sidebar of my test blog are set much further from the center area than the ones on the right sidebar. I'm not sure how to make them approximately even. I tried playing with the widget list borders and margins, but didn't get any changes. Is there a way to make the left ones closer to the center?

Thanks for your help! (made a donation today)

http://www.ellifolks.com/testblog/

Ellen
Old Feb 18, 2009, 03:29 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Thank you, Ellen.

Your sidebars are set to a width of 270 pixels. Around 150px would suffice for the content you have in there now. See A. Theme Options -> Sidebars -> LEFT sidebar WIDTH / RIGHT sidebar WIDTH

If you set them so wide on purpose, to get a narrower middle column, you can better accomplish that by setting a narrower width for the whole layout at A. Theme Options -> Layout -> Layout WIDTH and type (FLUID or FIXED)
Old Feb 19, 2009, 05:11 AM
daisy24

40 posts · Feb 2009
Hi Flynn,

At first, I increased the sidebar width because a few widgets were too wide to fit and got cut off. I also increased them, as you said, to decrease the center white space. I moved the wide widgets to the right sidebar, and they weren't cut off there. Then I decreased both the sidebar width and layout width like you suggested, so it is now the way I was trying to get it without anything being cut off.

Thank you!

Ellen