Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Table Issues

Old Aug 10, 2009, 11:21 AM
bobby sapphire

2 posts · Aug 2009
I'm having some issues with tables. And cannot find an answer through the forum's search function.

(Bear in mind I'm extremely new to the scene and know little about creating webpages)

Im pasting tables I create in excel into a webpage. Everything looks great in the excel output. But when I load my page, the column headers move onto two lines instead of one and I can't figure out why, or how to fix it. (here is what I'm talking about)

Furthermore, is there a way to make it that so when the page isnt maximized, the table doesnt get cut off by the sidebar?

Thank you
Old Aug 10, 2009, 11:35 AM
bobby sapphire

2 posts · Aug 2009
Okay, I found some help in the Tables Truncated thread, and I found that this is only happening when I veiw the webpage in Interenet Explorer (vs Firefox).

I, however am copy and pasting from an html output of a table and don't know where (if at all) I can enter the Clearfix solution proposed in that thread.
Old Aug 11, 2009, 07:01 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Edit this part

<col width="43" style="width: 32pt;"/>
<col width="119" style="width: 89pt;"/>
<col width="92" span="2" style="width: 69pt;"/>
<col width="81" style="width: 61pt;"/>
<col width="53" style="width: 40pt;"/>
<col width="116" style="width: 87pt;"/>
<col width="80" style="width: 60pt;"/>

to

<col style="width: 32pt;"/>
<col style="width: 89pt;"/>
<col style="width: 69pt;"/>
<col style="width: 69pt;"/>
<col style="width: 61pt;"/>
<col style="width: 40pt;"/>
<col style="width: 87pt;"/>
<col style="width: 60pt;"/>

I also added an extra column, you were combining 2 columns into one in the header. Adjust the width numbers so that the titles in the header row don't wrap anymore.