Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Can you use read more tag on static page?

Old Jan 11, 2011, 05:52 PM
chowders

8 posts · Nov 2010
Can you use read more tag on static page?

I'd like to use the read more tag to make excerpts on this static page:

http://seniseneviratne.com/about

so that the two paragraphs of text in the bottom of the table are displayed on another page

Is this possible?

And how do you do it?
Old Jan 11, 2011, 06:34 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
See http://codex.wordpress.org/Customizi..._More_in_Pages
Old Feb 1, 2011, 10:43 AM
ingvild

2 posts · Jan 2011
I don't really mean to reply. I am new to the forum and I can not figure out how to post a new thread. so that would be my first question.

My real problem is this: I don't know what I did, all of a sudden this weird link shows on the top of my page (http://nettsett.no) It says . . . → Les mer: Nettsett" />

les mer means read more. I want to get rid of it but I can't find out what caused it to be there in the first place.

Please help.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 06:19 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
That looks like you added something to one of the options but it is invalid HTML.

Did you make a change to the read more or excerpts?
Old Feb 9, 2011, 01:31 PM
ingvild

2 posts · Jan 2011
Thanks for answering!
I found out that the problem was with one of the plugins, it's always an easy answer to these things, isn't it?

Could you also please tell me how to start a new thread? It would be very helpful!
Old Feb 9, 2011, 03:52 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
When you first go into a forum, you should see a 'New Thread' button (it's BLUE)