Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Where is the menu bar in the header file? Help with Multi-level Navigation Plugin

Old Feb 11, 2009, 09:23 AM
crogers32

16 posts · Feb 2009
First, best and most flexible theme available for Wordpress (nuff said, just gave my donation)! There are so may options in fact that I am having a hard time sorting through the header.php file to find the code for the tool bar and integrate the Multi-level Navigation Plugin.

The directions for the plugin state to add the following code to the header where I want the menu to appear: <?php if (function_exists('pixopoint_menu')) {pixopoint_menu();} ?>

I tried to add the code using Atahualpa's built in HTML/CSS inserts function but that did not work. So then I took a look at the header.php file and noticed that it looked quite different the header files of other themes, and decided that I had better ask before I go poking around.

So I guess the question is, where should I add that line of code to have the multi-level menu replace the current one? Thanks.
Old Feb 11, 2009, 04:36 PM
araneum

29 posts · Feb 2009
I'm facing similar problem as you.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 12:28 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
The easiest way would be to add it right before or right after

PHP Code:
 <?php bfa_header_config($bfa_ata_configure_header); ?>
at the bottom of header.php. Then it would be above or below the whole Atahualpa Header area.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 09:18 AM
crogers32

16 posts · Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn
The easiest way would be to add it right before or right after

PHP Code:
 <?php bfa_header_config($bfa_ata_configure_header); ?>
at the bottom of header.php. Then it would be above or below the whole Atahualpa Header area.
Thank you Flynn for the swift response, that was exactly what I was looking for and worked without a hitch. Now, if I want to hide the default toolbar do I delete that line of code?
Old Feb 12, 2009, 11:49 AM
araneum

29 posts · Feb 2009
crogers32, do you know where to put the code to replace the default category on the right hand sidebar?
Old Feb 12, 2009, 12:41 PM
crogers32

16 posts · Feb 2009
I figured it out. It was way easier than altering the header.php file by hand. All I had to do was use the built in options page/header tab and configure header area. Just remove the %pages and save changes.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 01:21 PM
araneum

29 posts · Feb 2009
I think this mod is for horizontal menu on the header.

What I am planning to do is to replace default category widget on the left sidebar. Any idea where to insert the multi-level code?
Old Feb 13, 2009, 07:53 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by araneum
I think this mod is for horizontal menu on the header.

What I am planning to do is to replace default category widget on the left sidebar. Any idea where to insert the multi-level code?
Use this widget http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/php-code-widget/

It does what the default text widget does but allows PHP code as well
Old Feb 13, 2009, 10:33 AM
araneum

29 posts · Feb 2009
Thanks. I feel guilty if I do not donate. Will do it once I finalize the theme.

Another widget I am trying to install is tabbed widget.
Old Feb 13, 2009, 07:33 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by araneum
Thanks. I feel guilty if I do not donate. Will do it once I finalize the theme.

Another widget I am trying to install is tabbed widget.
Tabbed widget does not work with Atahualpa 3.2

The reason is that Atahualpa 3 has more containers in the widgets (div.widget-content) to provide additional styling options. Tabbed widgets relies on themes having the same widget container structure as the "default" theme.

I will have to fullly integrate and modify that widget which I plan to do in one of the next releases.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 10:43 AM
crogers32

16 posts · Feb 2009
I have the multi-level menu working and placed where I want it to be, but something within the CSS of the theme is overriding the CSS of the menu. I want the text of the menu to use font-weight:normal; but the text is appearing bold. I know that the issue is with the theme and not with the menu because when I tested the menu with the default Wordpress theme the text was not bold. Can anyone give me a hint for what I might be looking for? I have a hunch that it is somewhere in the CSS attached to the header.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 10:51 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
If you know that you're addressing the right selector (look it up in the browser rendered source code or use Firebug) then use !important

HTML Code:
selector {
font-weight: normal !important;
}