Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Right Sidebars are empty

Old Dec 15, 2011, 04:17 AM
dmCCAD

7 posts · Dec 2011
Hi.
My problem is that I've set up the sidebars in the options panel, and when I put the widgets I want to see there, they just don't show in the right sidebars. The left ones are shown correctly, though. It just leaves the blank space for the sidebars, but no content on them (I mean, I've checked that they are set to be shown in the options panel, and the do show, but empty!)

Any help will be much appreciated.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 04:34 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
(for the millionth time)
What version of Atahualpa and WP?
What is the URL?
Old Dec 15, 2011, 04:49 AM
dmCCAD

7 posts · Dec 2011
I'm sorry (for the first time, I wrote pretty fast)
Version 3.7.3
URL http://danielmoyano.net/blog

Now its only showing the left sidebar since the right one doesn't work. If you need it to be changed, just tell me (once is enough, not a million times, I'll check this forum regularly)

(is a smiley necessary?)

Thanx in advance
Old Dec 15, 2011, 04:50 AM
dmCCAD

7 posts · Dec 2011
oh! And WP 3.1.3
Old Dec 15, 2011, 05:17 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
at ato->Style & configure SIDEBARS->RIGHT sidebar: Display on: - what do you have checked off?
Old Dec 15, 2011, 05:19 AM
dmCCAD

7 posts · Dec 2011
Right now everything is unchecked. If I check everything ON, nothing shows up, just the blanck space for the sidebar.
I have everything checked on for the left one and it's ok.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 06:14 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
They have to be CHECKED in order for the sidebar to display. - Then make sure you add a widget to the right sidebar.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 08:06 AM
dmCCAD

7 posts · Dec 2011
Ok. Read my first post again, please.
If I add widgets to the left sidebars, its ok, they show up correctly, but if I add them to the right ones (both rightmost and inner right), it just shows an empty space (the space in pixels I set the sidebars to be).
I've tried checking all in Display On, checking only some of the options, but nothing changes.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 08:28 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I'm just trying to walk thru what could be causing the issue.
what happens if you disable all your plugins?
Old Dec 15, 2011, 08:58 AM
dmCCAD

7 posts · Dec 2011
Nothing...
I already tried, but double checked anyway.

I have the set sidebars to show a thin grey line on the left, and it doesn't even show this line. The weird thing is that it's keeping the width as if there was a sidebar...
Old Dec 15, 2011, 09:04 AM
dmCCAD

7 posts · Dec 2011
hey, many thanks for your time, anyhow!
Old Dec 15, 2011, 09:28 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
It looks like there is some code that may be causing this. Look in the various places you adding content or code for missing CSS or HTML etc.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 10:05 AM
charlton

25 posts · Jul 2009
I am also experiencing this exact problem on one of my sites. http://www.thenma.ca/

I just updated the site theme from from Atahualpa 3.6.4 to Atahualpa 3.7.3 and now my right sidebar will no longer display widgets, however the left sidebar works fine. As a result, I have moved everything over to the left sidebar, but I would really like the right sidebar to work properly. And yes, I did double check to make sure that ATO > Style & Configure Sidebars was set correctly and tried with various widgets to make anything appear.

I'm using WordPress Version 3.3.1. I have disabled my plugins to check if they are creating a conflict but that did not help. I also removed all of my html inserts with no further effect on the sidebar problem.

dmCCAD: Did you ever find a solution? Looks like you have given up on Atahualpa and moved onto another theme.

Has anyone else experienced this problem or figured out a solution?
Old Jan 5, 2012, 10:26 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
It is probably a plugin or post problem. Notice the footer is squished into the left sidebar area, that leads me to suspect a plugin. try disabling them all and see if the footer goes full width.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 10:41 AM
charlton

25 posts · Jul 2009
Thanks Juggledad;

I hadn't noticed the footer being off like that before.

Unfortunately, disabling all of my plugins had no effect.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 10:50 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I'd need to see the site with them all off - If you want to send me a PM with an admin ID/PW I'll shut them off, look at the site and turn them back on.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 11:10 AM
charlton

25 posts · Jul 2009
PM has been sent. Thanks.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 11:40 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
you can kill the ID. I exported your settings and have recreated it. Now to dig in and see what the heck is happening.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 11:50 AM
charlton

25 posts · Jul 2009
Thank you very much. I appreciate you looking into it for me.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 03:13 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Try this, export your settings, then import the attached setting file and see how it works.
ata-wwwthenmaca-fixed.txt
Old Jan 6, 2012, 07:57 AM
charlton

25 posts · Jul 2009
Good morning Juggledad. Thanks for the ATO Style File.

At first, it fixed the footer, but not the problem. After loading the file, the footer displayed normally, but the right sidebar still refused to display widgets. Then after playing with it for a while, I noticed that the footer had reverted to the base of the left sidebar.

I uploaded your style file again and was able to get the footer back to normal. I then deactivated all of my plugins and activated them one by one checking to see if the footer would change with each of the 5 plugins installed. No such luck.

Next I turned the left sidebar off so that neither sidebar was displayed. The footer stayed full width as expected.

At this point, I activated the right sidebar display and Voila! The widgets are back to normal and the footer is behaving itself. I'm not sure why the hiccup in the fix but it seems to be working fine now. I hope that fixes it for good. Thank you so much.

Do you know what the problem may have been?

Last edited by lmilesw; Jan 6, 2012 at 08:03 AM.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 07:49 AM
ideadetective

1 posts · Jun 2011
Maybe this will be helpful to others:
The following plug-in "RSS-FOOTER" caused a similar problem: my sidebar wouldn't accept new widgets. Deactivating the plug-in resolved the problem.
WP 3.3.1
Atahualpa 3.7.3
www.csid.ch
Old Jan 9, 2012, 08:28 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
charlton - I think it was something left over in the theme settings stored in the databae. I created a fresh copy without the 'junk' that was there from an earlier release.