Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

HTML/CSS inserts in Atahualpa 3.4.1 (for custom header image slider)

Old Nov 15, 2009, 08:56 PM
csb

3 posts · Nov 2009
I'm trying to bypass the header image area and insert a javascript image rotator of my own and I am having trouble making it appear where I want it to. The custom image container uses a DIV tag and I can only get it to appear above the header. Here's what I've done:

1. I hid the default image container by making the height 0.

2. I put my javascript in the header by inserting it in Administration > Atalahualpa Theme Options > Add HTML/CSS inserts > HTML Inserts: Header.

3. I added a little custom CSS in Administration > Atalahualpa Theme Options > Add HTML/CSS inserts > CSS Inserts

4. I added <div id="fadeshow1"></div> in Administration > Atalahualpa Theme Options > Add HTML/CSS inserts > HTML Inserts: Body Top

It shows up fine, but it appears above the Header items. I would like it to appear beneath my header (which is configured with three header items: %logo %pages %bar1). It is putting it right after <body> and I want to make it appear after the header DIVs.

Where does the Theme editor insert the DIV tag from step 4?

Any ideas? I tried changing the name of the javascript wrapperid to #bar1 one so I could use one of the predefined Header items, but that didn't seem to work.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 10:58 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
try adding your <div>...</div> right where you would put the %image ATO->Style & edit HEADER AREA->Configure Header Area
Old Nov 16, 2009, 02:12 PM
csb

3 posts · Nov 2009
Doesn't work. It does add a small space, but I'm not sure why. There is no object there.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 07:02 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
sorry, I meant your div from item 4 '<div id="fadeshow1"></div>'