Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Atahualpa - Widget Right Sidebar mistery

Old Jun 3, 2009, 03:22 AM
davideusai

13 posts · Apr 2009
Ok, Now I have the PHP Version 5.2.9.

Davide
Old Jun 3, 2009, 10:51 AM
skyline

16 posts · May 2009
Beaverton, OR
David ...

When I clicked on your link, it looks like you are running PHP 5+. However, the info you posted from the WP Security Plugin Scan indicated otherwise. I am not really that familiar with the WP Security Plugin and how it works. So, I am not sure what to make of the information from the scan. Not that this is an answer to the original issue, but for curiosity sake, you may want to run the WP Security scan again to see if it still says you are running PHP 4.2.9

I will try to take a look at the phpinfo from your site later today and see if I notice anything different about your php config.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 01:35 AM
davideusai

13 posts · Apr 2009
Skyline,

I wrote one post ago. I connect me to my admin space. I changed to PHP5+ now. When I wrote the first post I had not changed yet.

Now, I try to find a solution for the right side bar. Maybe with the next release of the theme the bug will be fix.

Have a great day.
Davide
Old Jun 4, 2009, 03:04 AM
skyline

16 posts · May 2009
Beaverton, OR
David ...

I compared your PHP config with mine to see if I saw anything really that different. I did not see anything glaring at me.

Check this out though. I had another problem that I think was related to the WP Super Cache plugin. So, I ended up deleting the theme from my server; which does not delete the information that is in the database. (note: I had the current css file and any template files I had created on my local machine, along with all the theme files) Then I uploaded the theme again and activated it. For giggles I decided to try Firefox again; and use the Error Console [ctrl+shift+J] on Windows to see if I could identify any errors or warnings. Guess what?? Now, after the reinstall of the theme I can put widgets in the right sidebar and it works. So, I did not need to use the Error Console. You can check out the site if you want to: Click Here I still have work to do, but it is coming along.

You may want to give that a try to see if that works for you. Remember, to get your css file from your server, or any other files you may have customized before you delete this theme folder. I would hate for you to lose some of your work in the process.

Good luck.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 12:19 PM
davideusai

13 posts · Apr 2009
Hi Skyline,

It’s wonderful. I would like try the same process. Yes, I have to save all the config file before.
I can use the automatic process of WP. He has a function to save all.
If I will do this then do it will be enough to restore?

Anyway I have to learn

Thankyou
Davide
Old Jun 4, 2009, 01:32 PM
skyline

16 posts · May 2009
Beaverton, OR
David ...

A few questions and some steps...
  • 1 - - - When you first setup this theme did you upload the theme from your computer?
  • 2 - - - If you did, then you already have all the files to upload ... unless you have made some changes to the look; could have changed the CSS file. [This also presumes you have not deleted the theme from your computer]
  • 3 - - - Are you using Dreamweaver, or do you have the ability to download the current theme style.css file to your computer?
  • 4 - - - If you answered yes to the last question, then download that file as a backup; so you don't lose any of your edits. Most of your changes are probably in your database, though.
  • 5 - - - If you answered yes to step one above and completed step four, you will have everything you need to setup the theme again, without losing anything.
  • 6 - - - The process is fairly straight forward. First, you delete the folder on the server (NOT THE FOLDER ON YOUR COMPUTER), for this theme. What will happen is your WP site will then use the WP default theme. It changes automatically.
  • 7 - - - Next, you upload the theme from your computer, just like you did the first time you installed it.
  • 8 - - - Then go to the left panel of your WP admin page and select Themes.
  • 9 - - - On the Themes page, select the Atahualpa 3.3.3 theme and then Activate it after the window pops up.
  • 10 - - - Check to make sure it is active and then open the widgets page and try to add widgets to the right sidebar.

see also
Old Jun 10, 2009, 05:50 AM
davideusai

13 posts · Apr 2009
Hi Skyline,

** 1. Yes. I download the theme in my computer and then I upload it from my computer.
** 2. Right. I have not deleted the theme from my computer.
** 3. I am not using Dreamweaver. I’m using only the theme’s interface.

I did the process that you suggest me. Now I can add any widget but not all the widget.
I can add for example Text but not the Search. It’s already one good result!
I download the theme’s version 3.3.3 too. It has the same problem. But now it’s not at all a problem. Fortunately I don’t need to add all the widget for my blog.

I would like thank you for your help.

Davide
Ps. Your blog, is a good blog
Old Jun 10, 2009, 06:37 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Some providers give the option for both. Godady is one of there and they are currently defaulting to version 4 - in godaddy's case, there is an option you can add to .htaccess to force it ti PHP 5, so check with your provider
Old Jun 10, 2009, 08:08 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
Tell your hosting company to use PHP 5 for your site. It's a simple command in your .htaccess file.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 10:51 AM
skyline

16 posts · May 2009
Beaverton, OR
Smile Thanks for feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by davideusai
Hi Skyline,

** 1. Yes. I download the theme in my computer and then I upload it from my computer.
** 2. Right. I have not deleted the theme from my computer.
** 3. I am not using Dreamweaver. I’m using only the theme’s interface.

I did the process that you suggest me. Now I can add any widget but not all the widget.
I can add for example Text but not the Search. It’s already one good result!
I download the theme’s version 3.3.3 too. It has the same problem. But now it’s not at all a problem. Fortunately I don’t need to add all the widget for my blog.

I would like thank you for your help.

Davide
Ps. Your blog, is a good blog
Davide ...

I am glad my info helped some. It still looks like you don't have full use of the widgets, but more than you did. So that is a start. Also, it was good that you were able to upgrade to PHP5. That will make a difference with a number of plugins, too. Have a great day!

skyline
Old Aug 24, 2009, 12:24 AM
zeshan

3 posts · Aug 2009
Hy, everyone on this page...
I am new in word press and facing the same problem you are discussing.When i select right sidebar from drop down menu and press show button the widgets in the right sidebar are zero because there is not any widgets in right sidebar.
When i select right sidebar and click add,the right sidebar become left sidebar and widget added to the left sidebar. But i want to add widgets to right sidebar.

I have check it on all browsers but only IE 8.0 add the widgets in right sidebar.IE add only RSS,Text and Category widgets to right sidebar.Nothing firefox,chrome and sfari add the widgets to right sidebar but IE can (but only three).
So please give me guidelines about this issue.I have read many forums but not find any perfect answer and hope you will solve my problem.
Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 29, 2009, 07:33 PM
skyline

16 posts · May 2009
Beaverton, OR
Right Sidebar Mystery

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeshan
Hy, everyone on this page...
I am new in word press and facing the same problem you are discussing.When i select right sidebar from drop down menu and press show button the widgets in the right sidebar are zero because there is not any widgets in right sidebar.
When i select right sidebar and click add,the right sidebar become left sidebar and widget added to the left sidebar. But i want to add widgets to right sidebar.

I have check it on all browsers but only IE 8.0 add the widgets in right sidebar.IE add only RSS,Text and Category widgets to right sidebar.Nothing firefox,chrome and sfari add the widgets to right sidebar but IE can (but only three).
So please give me guidelines about this issue.I have read many forums but not find any perfect answer and hope you will solve my problem.
Thanks in advance.
Zeshan ...

It has been awhile since I experienced this issue and I am not entirely positive which actions I took to resolve the problems. However, I believe part of my problem could have been related to plugin conflicts. Can you tell me which Wordpress plugins you have installed?

Back when I did experience this same type of problem I was able to correct it, as seen from my link below. I am still using version 3.33 and I am not sure if I read which version you are using of this theme. I am planning on downloading and installing the newest version to check it out. I will also see if the problem presents itself with the newer version.

Tom Skyline Design
Old Aug 30, 2009, 05:49 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
What version of Atahualpa, WP and PHP?
check out http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=3096
Old Aug 30, 2009, 11:42 AM
skyline

16 posts · May 2009
Beaverton, OR
Juggledad adds some critical questions. In my haste to respond to the question posted a few days ago, I clicked on reply (and of course, could no longer see the post I was replying to) I didn't recall having seen the theme version noted; and from re-reading Zeshan's post I confirmed that the BFA them version is not listed and also see that we do not know the version of WP and PHP as well. These are all critical answers that need to be provided to better assist in finding a resolution for Zeshan. Good call Juggledad.

Also Zeshan, don't forget to list the plugins you have installed, too.

Skyline
Old Sep 30, 2009, 03:32 PM
myphotographica

1 posts · Sep 2009
I am totally completely lost and am looking for a compass. I don't really get what the crud a widget even is I just want to put a "Follow Me" button in the sidebar (actually I want to put three buttons in total). I even made my own. When I try to add it as a new widget (in the text widget). I get no luck. I don't get what other coding I need to. I've spent over 15 hours with this and would love some help if anyone has a moment. Thank you!
www.myphotographica.com/blog
Old Sep 30, 2009, 05:57 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
It looks like you got them to work or are you having a issue with them?