Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

[SOLVED] How can I selectively style (or remove) a post/page title from selected post

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 11, 2011, 05:04 PM
arthurmild

50 posts · Aug 2010
Cape Town
[SOLVED] How can I selectively style (or remove) a post/page title from selected post

I want to remove the post title on an individual page on this site

I thought of using CSS {display:none:} but am having trouble nailing down the exact css syntax to identify style the specific H1 tag in question...

Code:
div#post-14.post-14 page type-page hentry post div.post-headline h1 {display:none;}
doesn't work

An alternative thought would be to hard code something along the lines of

Code:
if 

page id = 14 then don't display the post title

else 

do your regular thing
(in proper php of course), but this seems rather inelegant and not how we do things around here

More generally, what is a sensible approach to take should I ever want to style page/post titles differently for specific pages/posts ?