Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Ansense and other code with php conditional in byline

Old Jul 19, 2011, 03:56 AM
mariusanhalt

21 posts · Nov 2010
Ansense and other code with php conditional in byline

I am trying to learn these php conditional strings/codes, espcially after the newer Atahualpa, where you can't add stuff (like adsende) via the ATO.

As for now I need adsense to be in the Byline.

So far I've come up with:

I need this adsense code:
<script>blabla adsense blabla</script>

To be in this part in index.php
<?php bfa_post_byline('<div class="post-byline">','</div>'); ?>

Reading this forum over and over lets me know that I need something called
php conditional
And after looking there I think that i might be this one:
is_single() or <?php is_single($post); ?>

But the thing is, I just cant seem to figure out where/how in
I should put both the adsense-script and the php conditional, I have tried a little here and there, but I get error when trying to load the page afterwards.

Can anyone tell me how the byline string should look like with the php conditional and the adsense script correctly inserted??

And from there I hope I can experiment on my own, with other kind of scripts and places in posts, I belive they work the same way.

Thanks
Old Jul 19, 2011, 08:13 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
try this, change
HTML Code:
to
HTML Code:
<?php bfa_post_byline('<div class="post-byline">','<script>blabla adsense blabla</script> </div>'); ?>
Old Jul 19, 2011, 11:47 AM
mariusanhalt

21 posts · Nov 2010
No.. It must be something concerning scripts, because I tried to just add text where you said, and that worked fine.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 12:25 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
why don't you put the script in the ato->Add Html/CSS Inserts->HTML Inserts: Header
Old Jul 22, 2011, 12:34 AM
mariusanhalt

21 posts · Nov 2010
That dident work either...
I also tried to insert the code manually in the post, and that does also not work.

It must be something "inside" the loop that are preventing it from working, because I have a Banner-ad (also adsense) that I added in the very very top of index.php before

<?php

And that works fine.
I testet the Ad on another site with Atahualpa, just an older version ( 3.5.3 ), and it works okay there..

Strange..

More strange is that I tried to install that ( 3.5.3 ) instead, on the site where I cant make the ads work, and then all text dissapered, all post and pages are there, but there is nothing in them..

SOo I changed back for the moment....
Old Jul 22, 2011, 03:18 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
have you tried one of the adsense plug-in's?

Not seeing the site and where and what you are putting in the code, I can't be much help since a simple typo could be causing your issues.