Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Widget CSS Classes Plugin

Old Feb 4, 2013, 08:05 AM
swimflyfast2

150 posts · Aug 2010
Horse Country in Virginia
[SOLVED] Widget CSS Classes Plugin

Has anyone used the plug-in "Widget CSS Classes"?
Have you had any success? It seems like an answer to one of my dreams...

I want to create borders around some of my custom widgets and manage them.

So I created a class "box_it" in the plug-in setup area and used it in one of my widgets (text)

I put
HTML Code:
.box_it {border: 2px #707070 solid;}
In the custom css area and expected that the above instance of my widget would have a grey border of 2 px but it doe not.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 09:11 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
try adding an important so you have
HTML Code:
.box_it {border: 2px #707070 solid !important;}
and put it at the end of the the CSS inserts so it overrides anything else for that element.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 12:36 PM
swimflyfast2

150 posts · Aug 2010
OK, it works on standard widget areas but not on ones that I make. thanks. Do I need to put the code someplace else for the customized widget areas?
Old Feb 4, 2013, 12:41 PM
swimflyfast2

150 posts · Aug 2010
3.7.10 wp 3.5.1
Old Feb 4, 2013, 01:04 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I just tried it on a text widget and it worked fine for me as long as I added !important to the CSS.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 01:06 PM
swimflyfast2

150 posts · Aug 2010
hmmm a custom widget area inserted in header or footer area? side bars work for me but not the custom ones.