Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Separate homepage styling

Old Mar 24, 2011, 08:14 PM
PracticalChaos

2 posts · Mar 2011
Separate homepage styling

I'm sorry if this has been answered previously, I've done a search and can't seem to find anything that fits my needs. I'm working with Athahualpa for the first time at the request of a client.

I'm attempting to set up a homepage that is different from the posts page. I've got WP set up pointing to my static homepage, but am having trouble with the styling of the page.

Essentially, I want a featured content rotator at the top (I'm using Featured Content Gallery plug-in currently - but would be open to other suggestions) and then snippets of posts from each category below that (currently using the List category posts plug-in, but again open to suggestions on other plug-ins) I'm basing my homepage design on the Studio Press Lifestyle theme if anyone is familiar with that. (I would change the theme to the Lifestyle theme, but the client has requested the Athahulpa theme remain in place if at all possible.)

However - the featured content gallery overlaps the sidebars when viewed on different browser sizes because of the center column being adjustable width. Is there a way to set up the home page to have a fixed width center column and the other pages be adjustable? Or is there a better way overall to do this? Also, I'd like to put the thin border around the center content on the homepage only, but not on the posts pages.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 09:32 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
First I would just set the whole site to a static width in ATO>Style & Configure Layout.

To put a border around the center section you could use something like the following in ATO>Add HTML/CSS Inserts>CSS Inserts
HTML Code:
body.page-id-575 td#middle {
    border: 2px solid black;
}
The .page-id-575 is for the particular page in question and is determined by viewing the page source and searching for "body class" without the quotes. One of the items in the class string will be something like my example.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 10:27 PM
PracticalChaos

2 posts · Mar 2011
Thanks so much! I think this will work for what my client wants.

One other quick questions - I'm using the List category posts plug-in ( http://picandocodigo.net/programacio...lugin-english/ - for all the help that page is!) but have bullets showing up before each snippet. I'm assuming because the plugin uses either ul or li. Is there a way to edit the ul & li ONLY on the homepage?

Thanks again for your help - I feel like such an idiot with this theme, I'm just not at all familiar with it. I'll definitely have to spend time snooping around the forum when I don't have a client deadline hanging over my head - it seems like a great theme to work with.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 05:38 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you can use 'body.home' as the first part of your CSSS selector and add CSS Inserts to do what you want.