Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

[SOLVED] Display full post instead of excerpt (read the old posts and it didn't work

Old Jan 10, 2013, 09:31 AM
mrgoodm

2 posts · Jan 2013
[SOLVED] Display full post instead of excerpt (read the old posts and it didn't work

Hey guys, first off I LOVE this theme. It's the most customizable WP theme I have ever seen!!

I am trying to display full posts on my main page instead of the excerpts and this is what I have done per Robin Denning's post that was marked as solved.

1. I changed <?php bfa_excerpt( 55, ' ...' ); ?> to <?php get_content(); ?> in the postformat.php file and left the bfa_thumb line as default

2. I edited line 35 on the parse_php line to if (is_single() AND have_posts()) and also tried the patch code if ((is_single() OR is_page()) AND have_posts())

When I make these changes the body of the post is not displayed and I only get the date, title, tags and read more link.

So sorry to post this, I was hoping to solve my own problem by reading the old post.

My site is on an internal testing server, so I can't share the link...but I am going after exactly what http://alittlesewing.com/ looks like for the posts on my main page.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 10:47 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
without seeing what you have done, I'd have to guess.
Do you have a caching plugin active?

why not put it on your server in a subdomain?
Old Jan 10, 2013, 01:26 PM
mrgoodm

2 posts · Jan 2013
I installed a clean WP to a testing directory on my live site and made the change to line 35 of the parse php file and changed the posttemplate file to the get content code to show what is happening on the test site I am working on.

http://www.michaelrgoodman.com/testing/

thanks!!!

p.s. no caching plugins

Last edited by mrgoodm; Jan 10, 2013 at 01:31 PM.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 04:36 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
if you send me a PM with a admin id/pw I'll take a look
Old Jan 11, 2013, 02:39 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Quote:
1. I changed <?php bfa_excerpt( 55, ' ...' ); ?> to <?php get_content(); ?> in the postformat.php file
'get_content' should be 'the_content' - I changed it for you
Old Jan 11, 2013, 05:50 AM
jerryc

367 posts · Oct 2012
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
'get_content' should be 'the_content' - I changed it for you
Jug, you're amazing. If I ever do posts, I sure know who I'll turn to if I get stuck.