Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Atahualpa and iexplorer

Old Apr 3, 2009, 01:41 AM
francos

10 posts · Apr 2009
Italy, Milan
Send a message via Skype™ to francos
Hi Flynn,
I use your best theme without problems with Mac and Safari, Opera and FireFox.
Also with Win Xp and FireFox and Opera I have no problems but...
I have problem with IE because a error appers and say
"imposible access to site, probable no connection"

www.audittclub.it/wp

excuse me for my bad english :-)
Old Apr 3, 2009, 06:41 AM
SeanBuck

2 posts · Apr 2009
I can not seem to get my pages that I originally pasted from Word to work correctly. I took the Word text and dropped into notepad to get rid of the formatting and then dropped into the post. The text is now showing in IE but that is all. It will not show the additional comments or the option to leave a comment.
Can anyone please point me in the right direction?

Last edited by SeanBuck; Apr 8, 2009 at 03:22 PM.
Old Apr 3, 2009, 07:10 PM
SeanBuck

2 posts · Apr 2009
I figured it out. I seems that cutting and pasting from Word into Notepad does not work. I had to retype the post directly into the post editor and all of the formatting on the page was back and properly showing in IE.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 07:56 AM
tim5046

19 posts · Jun 2009
Hello,

I have a problem with my site in Internet Explorer and I'm not quite sure what's going on. Whenever I view my site in firefox it works fine -- however not in Internet Explorer.

First of all, my page menu bar is completely blank in internet explorer, yet every page shows up in Firefox.

Also, the picture on top of my right sidebar hangs out of the sidebar box in Firefox (which I want it to do), but it is cut off and constrained by the box in Internet Explorer. Please help me figure out what's going on if at all possible.

http://blog.englishteastore.com

Thank you!
Old Jun 25, 2009, 08:42 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Your TR and TD's in the header are messed up. The first two rows don't have colspan=2, and the
<td id="header" colspan="2">
starts without a TR.

Basically, make sure you open / close TR and TD properly

<tr>
<td colspan="2"> ... content ... </td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="2"> ... content ... </td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td id="header" colspan="2"> ... content ... </td>
</tr>

Last edited by Flynn; Jun 25, 2009 at 08:45 AM.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 08:53 AM
tim5046

19 posts · Jun 2009
Wow. The support for this theme is incredible -- thank you sincerely for the very fast response. I did exactly as you said, and have fixed the problem with my header in IE. One thing though -- do you have any idea why my page menu bar is completely blank in IE, but it shows up in Firefox? Also my other question from before -- in Firefox I have an image in my right sidebar that hangs out of the sidebar, however in IE it is constrained by the sidebar. I'm not sure how to fix this in IE. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

thank you!
Old Jun 25, 2009, 10:17 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Add position:relative to both the menu and the image
Old Sep 25, 2009, 06:55 PM
Urbanred

3 posts · Sep 2009
Canada
It seems that IE users are getting a blank page with my website while Firefox and Safari users are having no problems. Is it a missing ; or ) from a change I made? I can't find anything, but my eyes are getting a little tired looking through this. Another pair is appreciated.

http://www.jungleswing.ca

Cheers,
UR
Old Sep 25, 2009, 07:11 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Try disabling your plugins one by one and check the site in IE each time to see if a particular plugin is causing this.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 08:17 PM
Urbanred

3 posts · Sep 2009
Canada
Thanks Flynn, I'll give that a shot.

Cheers,
UR.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 11:54 AM
Urbanred

3 posts · Sep 2009
Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn
Try disabling your plugins one by one and check the site in IE each time to see if a particular plugin is causing this.
Thanks Flynn. It was the Twitter badge that I had added as a plugin.

As a note to everyone else, the WP-TwitterBadge by Kyle Baker does not play well with IE 7 & 8

Cheers,
UR
Old Oct 17, 2009, 02:09 AM
baldwin14

1 posts · Oct 2009
Hi, I am new to using this theme (and to a degree wordpress too), but I also have issues with viewing this theme using Internet Explorer. My site site formatting looks fine in firefox, but after I was yelled out by 'boss' who uses Internet Explorer, I cannot understand why it doesn't look correct under that browser. I have 38 websites to design (gulp), but using the website below as the base site as I have a shell script which automatically zips up the site and downloads the mysql database, changes keywords and can re-upload it to the other websites (the shell script side of things works fine). But I need to get the base site below working first.

eg.

http://www.boroughparkpestcontrol.com.

I thought that it might be due to none standard plug-ins, as this site does use autoblog - rss feeds, but even after turning those plugins off, the issue still exists. I am using the current up to date version of Atahualpa (3.4.4). The only thing so far changed on formatting is a new top image of New York, the rest (.css and theme pages) are as the default installation.

I am clueless to where the problem might lay.

Any help would be useful. Thanks.

Dave
Old Dec 15, 2009, 12:20 PM
over_cloud9

14 posts · Dec 2009
kolkata,India
Hi,
I love atahualpa as its ready customization with wordpress and my website helped start my RPG gaming blog readily.Currently I have two problems-

1)My site Over Cloud 9 has a background image in yellow which shows well in firefox and opera.but in IE everything else loads properly but the background doesnt.so it is white basically when viewed in IE but my designer yellow in firefox and opera.Please help me fix it.

2)atahualpa has huge number of images,most of which I hardly use ever,and it is slowing down the page loading time.Is there a way where by I can edit the html/css to load all images(whether they are icons,header image,favicon,etc) from any specific url I want instead of running them from my webhost?is there any way to add custom CSS sprites?if yes,how do I configure it for images only?
Old Jan 15, 2010, 06:58 AM
PortMaria.62

19 posts · Dec 2009
wyoming
I, too, am having the same problem. OK in safari and firefox, bit IE does strange things. I use an Intel IMac
Old Jan 16, 2010, 04:20 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
PortMaria.62, what are you issues - please be a little more specific
What version of Atahualpa, WP and PHP?
What is your URL?
Old Mar 13, 2010, 05:03 PM
UniqueDiveAdventures

16 posts · Mar 2010
Hey Flynn,

We're noobies here so hopefully you don't have to repeat yourself. www.uniquediveadventures.com

We've edited our homepage to look best on IE, because that's what the majority of our readers will be using. But we've had to make weird changes (like adding a lot of spacing between the right-hand side picture and its caption) in order to do that. This causes issues in Firefox.

Any ideas?

Also, when adding an anchor link to our 'Rates & Packages' page, IE repeats the last word of the link...

Thanks