Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Recommended Plugins

Old Feb 11, 2009, 02:01 PM
cjhixon

2 posts · Feb 2009
This isn't specifically related to this theme but, are there recommended plug-ins that work best with this theme? I am looking for photo gallery and forum plugins. What does the Atahualpa community like?

Thanks,
Carl
Old Feb 11, 2009, 03:48 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Atahualpa should work with NextGen and WPG2. There's a list of plugins that Atahualpa has plug & play support for in README.txt. The only plugin that does NOT work with Atahualpa, that I know of, is the "tabbed widgets" plugin.

Maybe others can chime in with their experience or recommendations
Old Mar 9, 2009, 02:13 PM
strangelove

29 posts · Feb 2009
Some plugins I am using at Watching YouTube with the Ataualpa theme are:

AZIndex -- awesome!
Broken Link Checker
Contact Form 7
Custom Post Background
Facelook
Feedburner Feedsmith
Google Analytics for WordPress
Google XML Sitemaps
HeadSpace2
I am reading
NewsPage
Sociable
StatPress Reloaded
WordPress Database Backup
WP Security Scan

What I have not yet found is a plugin that will allow a Post to print properly. . .
Old Mar 10, 2009, 08:17 AM
Shepherd Jim

301 posts · Feb 2009
Bristol, midcoast Maine USA
Hello strangelove!

I've been looking hard at Contact Form 7 along with WP Contact Form II (III?) amnd a few others. Why did you choose CF7 and how happy are you with it?
Old Mar 11, 2009, 07:38 AM
strangelove

29 posts · Feb 2009
Greetings SJ,

I am not familiar with the other plugin as yet. You can see the contact form 7 plugin in action at

http://www.strangelove.com/blog/contact/

Regards,

Michael
Old Mar 11, 2009, 08:45 AM
Shepherd Jim

301 posts · Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by strangelove
Greetings SJ,

I am not familiar with the other plugin as yet. You can see the contact form 7 plugin in action at

http://www.strangelove.com/blog/contact/ ...<snip>
Thanks Michael! CF7 looks to be pretty simple and straight forward. We're hoping to be collecting more info from our visitors ( "customers," with any luck! ) and I'm in the process of installing CFormsII on my test site for a trial run through. If that doesn't work out I'll probably come back to CF7.

Jim

BTW: anyone who's interested in the "Rise of YouTube" should check out Michael's Dr. Strangelove YouTube site http://www.strangelove.com/blog/contact/ = LOADS of info and thoughts
Old Mar 16, 2009, 11:43 AM
strangelove

29 posts · Feb 2009
Another Recommended Plugin: AZ INDEX

This is an essential plugin if you want to create useful indexes and table of contents for a blog. I use it to index posts by category, by author, and by subject.

The plugin allows for index by category, tag, and custom tag, which enables considerable flexibility for creating multiple types of indexes that can selectively exclude or include topic areas.
Old Mar 21, 2009, 04:46 PM
evalee

7 posts · Mar 2009
I am really new to wordpress and am trying to get CF7 to appear on one of my pages. I have installed it on my server and it is showing up in my plugin directory. I just don't know how to get it to show up on one page. any help would be appreciated, I realize this is probably really basic stuff
thanks
Old Mar 23, 2009, 07:37 PM
MacMacGA

12 posts · Mar 2009
Warner Robins, GA
Send a message via AIM to MacMacGA Send a message via Skype™ to MacMacGA
I didn't know what to do either. I found instructions on the developers website. If you are using Wordpress 2.7, look under the Tools>Contact Form. Click on it and it will open to a page with a place on the top to copy the code to the page where you want it. If you want to customize the from contents, make the changes in the box on the left. Look under tags for more information. I am emailing you a photo I made using Skitch to show you what I mean.
Old Mar 24, 2009, 09:39 AM
Shepherd Jim

301 posts · Feb 2009
Hey MacMacGA and evalee! You guys have really posted in the wrong thread. You should maybe start a new thread in the "Atahualpa & Plugins" section and request help with the CF7 plugin.

BUT, I'm not sure how many people using the Atahualpa theme are ALSO using CF7 (I'm still playing with CFormsII). It really sounds like you'll find more joy quicker if you post in the CF7 usergroup forum as your troubles don't sound especially theme-related.

Or failing that, try the main WordPress.org forum http://wordpress.org/support/

Good Luck!
Old Mar 24, 2009, 10:00 AM
MacMacGA

12 posts · Mar 2009
Warner Robins, GA
Send a message via AIM to MacMacGA Send a message via Skype™ to MacMacGA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd Jim
Hey MacMacGA and evalee! You guys have really posted in the wrong thread. You should maybe start a new thread in the "Atahualpa & Plugins" section and request help with the CF7 plugin.

BUT, I'm not sure how many people using the Atahualpa theme are ALSO using CF7 (I'm still playing with CFormsII). It really sounds like you'll find more joy quicker if you post in the CF7 usergroup forum as your troubles don't sound especially theme-related.

Or failing that, try the main WordPress.org forum http://wordpress.org/support/

Good Luck!
Sorry about that. I did get it to work and was trying to help with instructions. I will repost elsewhere.
Old Mar 25, 2009, 08:08 AM
strangelove

29 posts · Feb 2009
Another recommended plugin:
YD Recent Posts

One possible use:

If you have an INDEX (using AZ INDEX plugin) of postings and wish to show recent posts in that category beside the index, YD Recent Posts does the job nicely. For example:

YouTube in the News
Michael
Old Mar 26, 2009, 08:44 PM
patgeary

4 posts · Mar 2009
Here is a sample of Secure and Accessible PHP Contact Form v.2.0WP

http://www.expression-web-tips.com/contact-me/

Works great
Old Apr 1, 2009, 03:18 AM
twincascos

3 posts · Apr 2009
For photo gallery I use superslider-show, very simple , very complex and great results.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 11:10 PM
zizi

29 posts · Mar 2009
Shepherd Jim is right, but there is no thread about contact form 7. I'm in the same situation as MacMacGA and evalee.. I will create a thread about this.

http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=1059

Last edited by zizi; Apr 1, 2009 at 11:20 PM.
Old Apr 2, 2009, 06:45 AM
strangelove

29 posts · Feb 2009
Flipping Book -- another recommmended plugin.

See in action here at Watching YouTube

Flipping book creates an interactive and visually pleasing way of presenting images as if the user was turning pages of a book -- has many possible artist and marketing applications.

Michael
Old Apr 2, 2009, 09:14 AM
Shepherd Jim

301 posts · Feb 2009
Whoa Michael,

Wow! Flippin Hey re the "Flipping Book"!!

That is a SMOOTH plugin! Very attractive and functional. I especially like the way you can either have two pics shown side by side or one across both pages.

Once I have things set up and running somewhat smoothly, I definitely will come back and give this a hard look.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 11:25 AM
jnimchuk

1 posts · Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn
Atahualpa should work with NextGen and WPG2. There's a list of plugins that Atahualpa has plug & play support for in README.txt. The only plugin that does NOT work with Atahualpa, that I know of, is the "tabbed widgets" plugin.

Maybe others can chime in with their experience or recommendations
I've been using wpg2/Gallery plugin with Atahualpa 3.2: no problems. However when I switched to 3.3.2 yesterday the link to the Gallery now jumps out of the theme. Tried to troubleshoot, but went back to 3.2.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 04:10 PM
TGsoft

17 posts · Apr 2009
Send a message via Skype™ to TGsoft
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnimchuk
I've been using wpg2/Gallery plugin with Atahualpa 3.2: no problems. However when I switched to 3.3.2 yesterday the link to the Gallery now jumps out of the theme. Tried to troubleshoot, but went back to 3.2.
Hello

I am using myGallery plugin with Atahualpa 3.2: The LightboxJS works. Yesterday I updated to Atahunalpa 3.3.2 and the LightboxJS doesn't work. All Lightbox-pictures opens in a new screen-window.

Now I found a solution: I installed the Shadowbox http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/shadowbox-js/ and activated the IE 8.0 option in the Shadowbox-settings. Now it works again.

Greetings

TGsoft
Old Apr 14, 2009, 08:51 AM
Shepherd Jim

301 posts · Feb 2009
RE: Plugin: Breadcrumb Trail

I thought I should report that I recently tried this plugin. http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/breadcrumb-trail/ written by Justin Tadlock http://justintadlock.com/archives/20...rdpress-plugin

Installing this plugin requires that you insert at least one line code into your .php files. You then modify the plugin's performance by altering certain values in an array in the plugin's .php file.

Warning: In the readme file that's unzipped along with the rest of the plugin'\s files, plugin author Justin Tadlock mentions providing two <div>s that may be used for styling your breadcrumbs. But, in looking through the breadcrumb-trail.php it seemed the <div> names had been changed without the readme being updated. There were also a few <span>s in there that should offer even more detailed styling fi you require it.

I triggered the breadcrumb-trail plugin by "starting" it in the index.php file; immediately after the "get_header" call. I could not get it to perform consistently. It did not seem to recognize being on the multi-post "blog roll" page at all - just showing "Home =>" as if I was still on the site's front/landing page.

I applied some styling via inserting appropriate code into Atahualpa's HTML/CSS Inserts window. I bolded the first word "Home" and applied a 1 px solid bottom border. I was NEVER able to make the border line under the breadcrumbs appear. The bolding of "Home" seemed to come and go -- not appearing when I was actually ON the homepage, but "Home" was bolded when I was on lower level pages.

I must say that I have made some pretty extensive additions to index.php in order to have short posts from one particular category appear on the home page as a "special notice." I don't really understand how it all it works, but I'm guessing the "on-the-fly" generation of the home page is sufficiently different from that of all the other pages that it's throwing off the plugin's usual functioning.

This plugin offers the knowledgeable user a lot of fine control. But if your installation is more complex than "average." you might see some sporadic performance anomalies (wow! did you hear me say that?).

I have uninstalled the plugin, remembering to remove the inserted code from index.php and Atahualpa's CSS option. Down the road, after my abilities in WP, php and css have improved maybe I'll come back to this.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 07:20 AM
NeilC

47 posts · Jun 2010
Runcorn, Cheshire, UK
Send a message via Skype™ to NeilC
Anybody using YARPP?
Compatible or otherwise?

Any suggestions for other good Related Posts plug-ins?

Regards to all
Old Aug 13, 2010, 10:43 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
Efficient Related Posts works well.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 12:37 PM
NeilC

47 posts · Jun 2010
Runcorn, Cheshire, UK
Send a message via Skype™ to NeilC
Thanks Paula
Old Aug 24, 2010, 04:10 PM
Neut

26 posts · Jul 2010
The Netherlands, Europe, Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilC
Anybody using YARPP?
Compatible or otherwise?

Any suggestions for other good Related Posts plug-ins?

Regards to all
YARPP works quit well.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 10:27 AM
Correen

16 posts · Jul 2010
Pacific NW
Had a dickens of a time with simpleadPlacement plugin - it messed with my website footer. So looked around and found the coolest plugin! It is great for individuals and author sites - places ad in sidebar and or posts/pages with a shortcode once you have uploaded the ad. Working so far with Atahualpa 3.4.9 and my authors are very happy too

Here is the link if you would like to check it out....http://code.openx.org/projects/show/advertising-manager