Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Customized Sidebars for Different Pages

Old Mar 30, 2011, 03:48 PM
Hannah91

2 posts · Mar 2011
[SOLVED] Customized Sidebars for Different Pages

I tried searching through for this but I don't see it anywhere. If anyone has asked the same question, I would appreciate being linked!

What I basically want to do is create a few of the same sidebar (particularly the left sidebar), but with different content, that I can display on different pages. I know I can already do two different versions (using the inner left and the left), but is there any way I could get five? Then I could select which pages each side bar shows up on.

I would have like Left Sidebar 1, Left Sidebar 2, 3, 4,5... and then pick which pages each one shows up on.

The only thing I found was to edit the functions.php code. Should I go ahead and just do that or are there any other options?

Thank you!
Old Mar 30, 2011, 03:52 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
go look at the plugin 'widget logic'
Old Mar 31, 2011, 01:41 PM
Hannah91

2 posts · Mar 2011
I really like this solution, thank you so much!

For anyone who is curious, you can add separate content onto whatever sidebar you want Widget Logic allows you to choose exactly what content applies to what page on the sidebar you applied it to using Conditional Tags (http://codex.wordpress.org/Conditional_Tags).

For example, let's say I have three pages: Hello, Goodbye, and Welcome. If I want a separate link bar for each of these pages on the left sidebar, I simply insert three different widgets into the left sidebar and then under the widget filter you simple put in the condition (is_page('Hello'), is_page('Goodbye'), is_page('Welcome')).

:D No extra sidebars needed.