Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

static page

Old Apr 26, 2009, 02:48 PM
goodpasture

2 posts · Apr 2009
I bet this is a simple question but I'm new to this theme AND word press in general. Anyways is there a way to basically wrap a static page with the theme around it? Like a template page??

I used the "page" functionality of WP to create a new page even downloaded a plugin to execute my PHP code and the form populates OKAY but when i submit my form, it gives me Not Found
Sorry, but you are looking for something that isn't here. I messed all around with the path information but I'm guessing this is because of a path issue and the fact this page doesn't technically exist until run-time. The static version in a folder of it's own works great but it's just a blank form with no header, footer, left bar, right bar, etc...

Can anyone please help with this?

thanks,
Jonathan
Old Apr 26, 2009, 04:48 PM
goodpasture

2 posts · Apr 2009
Can anyone please help. This is driving me nuts. How do i setup a page with something like: <?php get_sidebar(); ?> or <?php get_footer(); ?> with this theme?

thanks,
Jonathan
Old Apr 27, 2009, 06:45 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Make a copy of index.php as i.e. my-page.php, delete everything between <?php get_header(); ?> and <?php get_footer(); ?> in my-page.php and upload it to the theme's root directory.

In the site admin area add a new page, and while there scroll down and put "my-page" into the page slug option field at the bottom of the page. If it's not there, click the "Screen Options" button at the top right.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 06:15 AM
ovizii

16 posts · Feb 2009
sounds good, but isn't there a more elegant way for tempalting? I mean this theme is only using a single template by the looks of it index.php no category.php no page.php was that your intention?

can you help me with this request:

I'd like the homepage to show some extra code on top of the page, so I made a page called home, set it up as the front page and now I'd like to edit its template and insert a line of php to show above the content.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 01:07 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
You said "wrapping the theme around it" which made me think that you'd not create this page through Wordpress. If you just want to create a static Wordpress page then there's no "wrapping the theme around it" going on, it's a standard Wordpress feature to create static pages. And regarding page.php, single.php, category.php - you can create any of them by simply copying index.php. For a template that is supposed to be displayed on only the homepage you'd name the index.php copy home.php