Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Cannot start new line after inserting a table in a post

Old Mar 10, 2010, 03:15 PM
rpersonal2

10 posts · Mar 2010
This is wierd, I have checked and rechecked the html on inserting a table in a post. I don't use the WYSIWYG editor.

The table works and looks fine but the problem is that even when I start a new paragraph with proper open and closed tags, the next paragraph starts to the right of the last cell of the table.

Has anyone had issues with this?
Old Mar 10, 2010, 03:35 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
try adding a <br> after the </table>
Old Mar 14, 2010, 08:00 PM
rpersonal2

10 posts · Mar 2010
That was the first thing I tried, and in all combinations of <br>. I even tried adding the <p> before and </p> after <table></table> respectively. I have added multiple <br>'s but it still is not working correctly.

It is kind of a strange behavior. Here is my current code:

HTML Code:
<table align="left" border="1" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" width="100%">
<tr>
<th>colum1</th>
<th>colum2</th>
<th>colum3</th>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>item 1</td>
<td>item 2</td>
<td>item 3</td>
</tr>
</table>
Old Mar 14, 2010, 08:11 PM
rpersonal2

10 posts · Mar 2010
I think I narrowed it down. It has something to do with [align="left"]. I removed all attributes of the table and added them one by one (i.e. cellpadding, cellspacing, border). As soon as I got to align="left" it gave me the strange behavior by not displaying text after the table on a new line.

Is this an error with the theme, wordpress, or my version of IE? Or something else?

any thoughts?
Old Mar 15, 2010, 05:24 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
what version of Atahualpa and WP?
What is the url showing the issue?
Old Mar 19, 2010, 12:29 PM
rpersonal2

10 posts · Mar 2010
Wordpress 2.9.2
Atahaulpa 3.4.6

I can email the url to you if you'd like. As I mentioned I corrected it by removing the "align="left".
Old Mar 19, 2010, 04:03 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I just put your code into a post and added a line after teh </table> and it works fine. There must be a conflict with something else in your setup.

Is there anything else in the post?