Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Image not centered in frame

Old Apr 30, 2009, 07:28 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
The default settings in the Images area of theme options work fine and give a nice "frame" border for images with or without captions. However, I don't want the caption text centered. I want it align=left. When I did that, suddenly the image was smack up against the left edge of the frame, with too much frame showing on the right.

All I could do was to change the CSS padding code wildly. The default was
Code:
border: 1px solid #dddddd;
text-align: center;
background-color: #f3f3f3;
padding-top: 4px;
margin: 10px 0 0 0;
-moz-border-radius: 3px;
-khtml-border-radius: 3px;
-webkit-border-radius: 3px;
border-radius: 3px;
, and I changed it to:
Code:
border: 1px solid #dddddd;
text-align: left;
background-color: #f3f3f3;
padding: 4px 0px 0px 12px;
margin: 10px 0 0 0;
-moz-border-radius: 3px;
-khtml-border-radius: 3px;
-webkit-border-radius: 3px;
border-radius: 3px;
I wonder if there is another way to do this. It seems the caption CSS is controlling the image area too, and it was just trial and error to get some semblance of symmetry. I don't really see why this works at all; is it taking into account the border-radius numbers?

http://www.larchmontgazette.com
Old May 4, 2009, 09:20 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Put it into Images -> Caption Text: Style

text-align: center;

Last edited by Flynn; May 4, 2009 at 09:29 PM. Reason: What I wrote before was lengthy and not even required