Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] How to get atahualpa to display h1 tags around title.

Old Dec 12, 2010, 11:31 AM
Cheers

105 posts · Jun 2010
[SOLVED] How to get atahualpa to display h1 tags around title.

I have been doing a number of SEO analysis' of my website and consistently I am told there are no h1 tags on the home page or on post pages. Can you please tell me how I can force Atahualpa to designate my titles as h1? Some even suggest that it wouldn't hurt if both the <title><h1>This Would Be My Title</h1></title> surrounded the title as it would then be seen in the source code.

Incidentally, I am using a custom Graphic in my logo header area. The website is winekitmaking.com

Assistance greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Cheers; Dec 12, 2010 at 11:36 AM.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 11:42 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
In ATO>Configure SEO set "Make Post/Page Titles H1?" to Yes.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 11:48 AM
Cheers

105 posts · Jun 2010
That setting is already set to "Yes" and still when you look at the source code, the title is only surrounded by <title></title> tags. Remember, I'm not using the "Style & edit HEADER AREA" settings for "Show Blog Title" or for "Show Tag Line". I am using only a graphic image to display my Blog title and tag line. So I am reliant upon displaying the Wordpress General setting for title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
In ATO>Configure SEO set "Make Post/Page Titles H1?" to Yes.

Last edited by Cheers; Dec 12, 2010 at 11:55 AM.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 02:46 PM
KatyDigg

319 posts · Jul 2009
Same situation as Cheers

I have ATO > Make Post / Page Titles > set to Yes
Old Dec 12, 2010, 03:47 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
in order to have an <h1> on the front page, when the front page is the blog page, you must have eithor ato->Style & edit HEADER AREA->Show Blog Title? set to YES or
ato->Header Image->Overlay Blog TITLE over Header Image(s)? set to YES
Old Dec 12, 2010, 03:57 PM
Cheers

105 posts · Jun 2010
OK. But if I don't want to do either? Is there any way to insert the Blog Title into the footer and use Z index and absolute positioning to force it under the header image in a centered blog? There must be some way to have the Title show in the page source as a h1 without annihilating the look of your home page. You guys are "code Geniuses"
and I suspect that you can do anything with code. It's only us "ignorant few" that are helpless when it comes to code. (That's a BIG compliment to You!) And, Well meaning.