Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Dynamic Widgets Plugin

Old Jan 13, 2014, 07:35 AM
kensington15

8 posts · Oct 2012
Dynamic Widgets Plugin

Ata 3.7.13, WP 3.8, Dynamic Widget Plugin 1.5.6 by Qurl, I can no longer switch ON or OFF any sidebar content using the DW plugin? I cannot remove my Twitter feed from any page either?

Likewise my two Affiliate Links no longer display on any page other than their Title (HTML text widget links entered into right and left sidebars)?

Have deactivated DW Plugin and reactivated it, likewise removed and re-entered text for sidebar widget link, text supplied by Affiliate sites.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 11:32 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Have you checked on WP to see if there are issues with the plugin?

update: when I installed the plugin I get
Quote:
WARNING STRICT sql mode in effect. Dynamic Widgets might not work correctly. Please disable STRICT sql mode.
The plugin author says to turn it off...but it is a server option. Symptoms are that settings are not saved to the DB. Seems like a plugin issue to me. You might want to try the plugin 'Widget Logic' in place of this one.

Last edited by juggledad; Jan 13, 2014 at 12:01 PM.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 02:12 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
It seems like I had some issues with Dynamic Widgets so I switched to Restrict Widgets.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 03:39 PM
swimflyfast2

150 posts · Aug 2010
Horse Country in Virginia
I just installed Restrict Widgets in my 'sandbox' replacing Dynamic Widgets (which was working OK) and it doesn't seam to work with static home page for me. works on other pages. Will contact author and report back. thought I'd put this note of caution out since it was recommended.

Old Jan 27, 2014, 04:18 PM
polins

3 posts · Nov 2010
The Widget Logic Plugin is another option.