Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Banner to overlap Header image

Old Oct 6, 2011, 05:45 PM
adrian29630

39 posts · Sep 2011
[SOLVED] Banner to overlap Header image

I am working on a website http://gocabrera.com and am trying to position a banner at the top of the page. Currently it is 486 x 60 inside a widget but we would prefer to have it at 720 x 120. Placing this above the header image drives the header too low and creates a large blank space which does not look good. The solution would seem to be to find a way to place the banner or widget partially over the header image but I have no idea if this is possible or how it could be accomplished.

You can see what I mean from the following images:-

I am using the most up to date versions of WordPress and Atahualpa.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Adrian
Old Oct 6, 2011, 06:26 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
One way would be to put the following in CSS Inserts
HTML Code:
#ws_widget__ad_codes-3 {
    position: relative;
    top: 50px;
    z-index: 99;
    height: 0;
}
I just used Firebug to find the selector and applied the necessary CSS.
Old Oct 7, 2011, 08:45 PM
adrian29630

39 posts · Sep 2011
Hi. Thank you for such a quick response. Unfortunately I think I have done something which stops this working. I was originally using Ad codes widget but due to it's limited facilities I switched to using AdRotate. I tried changing the word ad_codes to adrotate but it had no effect and now the advert is appearing in the top left of the page rather than in the center where it was before. If you can possibly provide a solution I would be very appreciative.

Thanks
Adrian
Old Oct 7, 2011, 09:18 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
So you just get the new selector and modify the CSS a bit. Below is a suggestion for a new code but as you can see learning to use Firebug and CSS is important for website work.
HTML Code:
#adrotate_widgets-3 {
    position: relative;
    top: 60px;
    z-index: 99;
    height: 0;
    left: 400px;
}
Old Oct 7, 2011, 09:31 PM
adrian29630

39 posts · Sep 2011
Thank you so much. You are an absolute gem. You are also correct about Firebug and CSS. CSS I can work with up to a point but Firebug is still something of a mystery. Although I generally use Firefox for web work I need to spend some time discovering all that Firebug can do. Finding the time is the problem!