Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

separate menu items into different bg color?

Old Aug 13, 2013, 07:45 AM
joe hark

168 posts · Feb 2009
separate menu items into different bg color?

Please visit http://www.donclarkemusicbox.simple-helix.net/

and look at the Categories-based menu in the right sidebar. I want these items to display with a common bg color. The old web site (hand coded, not AT) shows the idea in the left sidebar.
Old Aug 13, 2013, 09:50 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
use 'background-color' and use the CSS selector 'div.widget ul li'. If you only want it for this widget, you need to look at the <div> and use the unique ID instead of the class.
Old Aug 13, 2013, 10:31 AM
joe hark

168 posts · Feb 2009
I'll look at that ASAP but while I have your attention, i want donate (EVERY ONE SHOULD!!!) but I no longer use PayPal (after being one of their very early clients, they badly handled a dispute and I want them even less than they want me.)

So how can I get a donation to you? I'm in the USA.
Old Aug 13, 2013, 12:32 PM
joe hark

168 posts · Feb 2009
Quote:
use 'background-color' and use the CSS selector 'div.widget ul li'. If you only want it for this widget, you need to look at the <div> and use the unique ID instead of the class
Thanks for the help. I apologize that I am a bit dense on this. May I ask you to flesh out ayour answer?

Where exactly do you want me to put bg color? Let's say I want the text orange background: #DECD6A; on a red bg #d3222a for each item with the orange #DECD6A; as the sidebar bg.

I know how to set the sidebar bg,

ATO > Style and Configure Sidebar > (any sb) style sidebar background: #DECD6A;

But making a box around each menu item and controling the colors is beyond me.

in other words, look like this that I did in photoshop

Old Aug 13, 2013, 01:13 PM
joe hark

168 posts · Feb 2009
FWIW, on the site http://www.donclarkemusicbox.simple-helix.net/ I have

ATO > Menu 2 (Category Menu)

open in front of me. Based on what I have found in these forums with a search, i gather that animation (whatever that is) is no longer possible in the current AT and WP combination. If i wrong, please correct?

I have changed "Border around all menu items" to 5x i hopes it might show up if bigger, but it does not affect the display on my site. It is also no longer working? Or am I not doing something?
Old Aug 13, 2013, 01:21 PM
joe hark

168 posts · Feb 2009
I think my problem is I have been trying to put the Category menu in the right sidebar.

I just realized i have been ignoring the very specific information that the Menu settings are for the "menu bar". I am not using a horizontal menu bar on this site. Client doesn't want that.

Can't I put a configured category menu in a sidebar as a widget? I have put one there but have not been able to control its display.