Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Newly Updated Logo Keeps Disappearing

Old Nov 14, 2011, 09:32 AM
Metatron6

5 posts · Nov 2011
Hello,

I have searched the forums, but do not see a thread addressing my concern. It is likely something extremely simple, but I am a novice (I have taken over website maintenance for our business website). Everything is set up fine, but I am having difficulty updating the logo now that the business name has changed. I have deleted the old logo, used FTP to upload my new image, changed the logo name in Theme Options and saved my change. When the site is viewed while logged into the dashboard, the new logo is there. Once logged out of the dashboard, there is no logo and the logo area shows no image available (the red "X" in the left hand, top corner). Thanks in advance for any help.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 10:12 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what version of Atahualpa and WP?
What is the URL?
Check the file permissions
make sure there are no blanks in the file name
Old Nov 14, 2011, 11:01 AM
Metatron6

5 posts · Nov 2011
I am currently using Atahualpa 3.5.3 and WordPress 3.2.1.

The url is http://www.bhbrealestate.com/

I am not sure what exactly is meant by permissions (I am showing my ignorance).

There are no spaces in the file name (BH-Logo2.png).

Thanks again.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 11:31 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
what do you have set at ATO->Style & edit HEADER AREA->Show Logo Image??
Old Nov 14, 2011, 12:50 PM
Metatron6

5 posts · Nov 2011
At ATO->Style & edit HEADER AREA->Show Logo Image, I have the image file name that I have uploaded: BH-Logo2.png. I replaced the previous image file name that had been there, deleted the old image from the server via FTP, uploaded the new image to the same folder using FTP and saved my new ATO setting from the dashboard. What is confusing me, is that it shows the logo while logged in (so I assume the image location and ATO settings are correct) and not once logged out.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 01:27 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
the image that is being used ion the page is
HTML Code:
http://www.bhbrealestate.com/wp-content/themes/atahualpa353/images/BHB-Logos-wide-2c-v2.jpg
Has anyone made any changes to the theme code?
Old Nov 14, 2011, 01:46 PM
Metatron6

5 posts · Nov 2011
Well that does explain why I am not getting the new image. That is the old image, which I have deleted from the server (hence no image available). I do not know if the person who set up the site originally has changed the theme code, but no changes to the theme code have been made since his departure. Is that something I can easily correct/change?
Old Nov 14, 2011, 02:27 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Befor that, go the ATO->EXPORT/IMPORT settings and export your settings and attach them to a reply
Old Nov 14, 2011, 02:59 PM
Metatron6

5 posts · Nov 2011
Juggledad,

Thanks to your help and insight, I have come up with a temporary fix: I have renamed the new image to be the same as the old image and then uploaded it to the image folder. I know it is kind of cheating, but it accomplished my immediate goal. I have attached the exported settings per your request, as I would still like to undertand what the problem is. These are from earlier today when I still had the new image name (BH-Logo2.png) at ATO->Style & edit HEADER AREA->Show Logo Image.

I realize from the amount of help (and swiftness of replies) that you must do this for more than just monitary gain, but I will be making a donation for your invaluable assistance. Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: txt ata-wwwbhbrealestatecom-20111114.txt (18.5 KB, 608 views)
Old Nov 14, 2011, 03:29 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Ok, your logo is showing now, I should have asked if you have a caching plugin active, and you do.

When ever you make changes to a site, shut off the caching plugin and flush the cache so you will see your changes right away.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 08:27 PM
Jam

1,112 posts · Mar 2011
Perth, Western Australia
png's can sometimes not show (in IE) if they were created or saved as a CMYK image. Converting them to RGB/CMYK/back to RGB usually sorts them out. Even if they are already RGB, I have converted to CMYK then back to RGB and then they show up. Other browsers dont seem to have the same problem.