Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

[SOLVED] How to upgrade from 3.4.9 to 3.5.1

Old Jun 3, 2010, 07:33 PM
BryanSchmiedeler

35 posts · Jun 2010
I have version 3.4.9 installed and want to upgrade to 3.5.1. Is there a way to do this via the Wordpress admin panel or do I have to download the theme and then manually FTP it up to the server? And if so, are there any instructions for doing so.

Sorry if this is a newbie question, I did search the forum but didn't find an answer.

Bryan
Old Jun 5, 2010, 10:48 AM
JaneD

72 posts · Jan 2009
Bryan, I get an error when I try to search for Atahualpa via the "Add-theme" area of wordpress. But that may just be me. However, I have successfully downloaded the theme as a zip file from the download page http://wordpress.bytesforall.com/?p=92 & then used the built-in theme uploader to install & activate the new theme.

You want to make sure that you are creating a NEW theme folder (don't try to overwrite your old one!) so if your current theme folder is just called "Atahualpa" you want a new folder called something like "Atahualpa 3.5.1" installing it this way should do that for you anyway.

You'll need to copy/upload any header images & favicon to the new folder. Then you can preview the "new" Atahualpa theme and make sure everything looks correct. Activate it, check it again page by page if possible to make sure everything is working correctly for you...

If it's not, then you can always switch back to your original Atahualpa theme.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 11:47 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
The folder shouldn't have any spaces. It should be something like Atahualpa351
Old Jun 7, 2010, 10:57 AM
ellenfinkl

55 posts · Aug 2009
Jane, You talked about using the built-in theme uploader. Is that in the WordPress wp-admin panel? I can't find it. I downloaded the 3.5.1 zip file and don't know what to do next.
Thanks,
Ellen
Old Jun 7, 2010, 11:40 AM
JaneD

72 posts · Jan 2009
Yes, just like you would add a plugin, Wordpress has a Theme installer...

Under "Appearance" --> click "Add new Themes"

You'll see a new page open and on it you should see the header: "Install Themes" under that should be a line with links to: Search | Upload | Featured | Newest | Recently Updated

It's the "Upload" one you want... It will open a new page where you can upload a zip file.

Click in the empty box and it will open a window for you to navigate on your computer to wherever you saved the zipfile...

Select it & hit "install now" once it's complete you can preview it.

You will likely need to use ftp to upload or copy any existing images into the new folder in the proper area.

Hope this helps.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 07:41 PM
BryanSchmiedeler

35 posts · Jun 2010
This worked great. Many thanks to all.