Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

[SOLVED] If you are having problems with 3.4.9

Old May 15, 2010, 05:41 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
There is a problem with the 3.4.9 installation at some site and it seems to be an environmental issue. Some users are having the problem others are not, so I'm trying to gather information to see if I can spot the common thread.

If you are comfortable, please provide the following - if not, go to 'TRY THIS' below
1) who is your host?
2) What version of WordPress?
3) What version of Atahualpa are you coming from or is this a new install?
4) install the 'wp-securityscan' plugin (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-security-scan/), activate it, go to the SECURITY option and on the right hand side is your site info, copy that and past it into a reply
5) go to phpMyAdmin and access your database and issue the following SQL statement
HTML Code:
SELECT * FROM `wp_options` WHERE option_name REGEXP '^bfa_ata'
then export the results. If you left click on my forum id, the third option is to send me an email, please send it and attach the file.

* TRY THIS *
go to ATO->Style & edit CENTER COLUMN and hit the green SAVE button and see if that makes it work, if it doesn't, select everything in 'The LOOP' do a CUT, hit the green SAVE, paste it back in and hit SAVE again and see if that works.

If it does, go thru all the Atahualpa option pages and hit the green SAVE to make sure it picks up all teh options.

Last edited by juggledad; May 16, 2010 at 04:34 AM.
Old May 15, 2010, 08:39 AM
inga

8 posts · May 2010
Editing the center column caused Atahualpa to pick up come content -- excerpts from the two test posts, to be specific. However, the header, links widget, etc. was not picked up.

Host: Sharkspace.com
Wordpress 2.9.2
I did an install of Atahualpa in a new directory, thus I assume it should count as a new install? I did have the latest version 3.4.6 installed earlier. Then I switched to a different theme before activating Atahualpa 3.4.9, which did not pick up any content.

I'm working with an unused domain, so have only the usual sample post plus a test post.

I checked the security-scan plugin, and when I attempted to do an automatic install, I got the Wordpress warning that the plugin had not been tested with this version of Wordpress. However, on your word, I installed it anyway.
Here's the result:
System Information Scan
Operating System : Linux
Server : Apache/2.2.14 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.14 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_bwlimited/1.4
Memory usage : 23.36 MByte
MYSQL Version : 5.0.90-community
SQL Mode : Not set
PHP Version : 5.2.12
PHP Safe Mode : Off
PHP Allow URL fopen : On
PHP Memory Limit : 64M
PHP Max Upload Size : 16M
PHP Max Post Size : 16M
PHP Max Script Execute Time : 60s
PHP Exif support : No
PHP IPTC support : Yes
PHP XML support : Yes
Old May 15, 2010, 08:51 AM
inga

8 posts · May 2010
It seems that the new install picked up options from the old install in spite of the fact that it was installed as a different theme (different directory).

Going through the various options and "saving" is beginning to make the content appear. However, it is still not picking up all options correctly.

That's all the time I have now. Will have to work on it later.

I don't think this should be happening with a "robust" theme install. I would have given up long ago if it had not been for the fact that everyone seems to think that Atahualpa is the most configurable free theme available. I am using Suffusion on one site and really like it, but I wanted to try out a totally different theme for one blog.
Old May 15, 2010, 10:27 PM
inga

8 posts · May 2010
Going through all the options and "saving" them seems to be making the theme work.

I sure hope that this issue gets fixed. I'm seeing the potential in Atahualpa, and I like the clean interface for customization of the theme. It's the best implementation I've seen.
Old May 15, 2010, 11:04 PM
inga

8 posts · May 2010
I did another totally clean install on a different site, and I had the same problem of the theme not picking up content.

It seems that all the options have to be edited before the theme will pick up content.

Same server with same info, by the way.

This is a nuisance, but it's workable now that I know. I sure hope that I don't have to go through all this with every theme update!!!
Old May 16, 2010, 03:29 AM
RobinHud

2 posts · May 2010
Sweden
Same CSS problem, it seems I can build up the theme by saving under options....

My server/provider has worked flawless with all versions up to 3.46
Old May 16, 2010, 08:43 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
inga & RobinHud,

are you uploading the /atahualpa/styles/ directory to the web server, along with the rest of the theme?
Old May 16, 2010, 10:25 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
I haven't had this problem on 2 clean installs of 3.4.9 (clean meaning no other version of Atahualpa had been installed first), and one of these installs had a totally new installation of Wordpress 3.0-beta.
Old May 16, 2010, 12:17 PM
RobinHud

2 posts · May 2010
Sweden
Flynn,

Yes uploaded everything in the Atahualpa folder. The Wordpress installation was fresh. Same problem if trying a update on a previous installation running 3.46. No CSS, and no content shown, just a few html lines.
Old May 16, 2010, 03:30 PM
emilyrose

13 posts · May 2010
I did notice when I updated to 3.4.9 the areas where you can style the site (that used to open and expand on their own) are staying to only 1 line of text which makes it difficult to configure the styles in atahualpa I have to select all, copy and paste to a plain text editor.
Old May 16, 2010, 04:53 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
emilyrose - check your plugins - do you have 'events calendar'? if so turn it off and try again. If you don't, disable them all and see if it gets fixed, then add them in one at a time till you isolate the culprit
Old May 18, 2010, 05:02 PM
inkan

22 posts · Dec 2009
Jönköping, Sweden
Send a message via Skype™ to inkan
Me too had the CSS problem, but I opened and saved every single option page for Atahualpa and the problem was solved.

I was so happy to see the new Export/Import Settings feature and the export works fine (a file was saved, with contents in it), however when I tried to import the settings from a test location to the sharp location, nothing was imported and no messages showed up when I clicked the import button. (not valid. now it works)

I solved it by adding every setting by hand.

/Inkan

Added: I made no changes, but today Import works - what a bleesing!!!

Last edited by inkan; May 20, 2010 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Outcome changed, now it works
Old May 19, 2010, 09:04 AM
pinoch26

8 posts · Feb 2010
Send a message via MSN to pinoch26
Hi,

I have a problem with atahualpa 3.4.9, I have the latest version of wordpress and have used atahualpa on other website without issue.
Here when I activate the theme (http://baptemes-air.fr/) , I have only this showing :

Powered by WordPress & the Atahualpa Theme by BytesForAll. Discuss on our WP Forum

I have tried to install 3.4.8 but the result is the same, I have tried to delete and reinstall wordpress with the same results. It seems that wordpress doesn't load the settings.
The site work with any other wordpress default theme.

I'm on 1and1 and all my other sites work fine with WP + atahualpa but the not with the new version apparently.

Any ideas ??

Thank you.

Laurent.
Old May 19, 2010, 09:41 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
For me importing one of the theme setting files fixes the layout. Alternatively you can go through all the Theme Options and click the green save button. That fixed the issue for many. This issue is currently being investigated.
Old May 19, 2010, 12:36 PM
Maeve

10 posts · Jun 2009
Arkansas
Send a message via Yahoo to Maeve
I just updated to Wordpress 2.9.2 and to Atahualpa 3.4.9.

With Atahualpa I had a problem, but your TRY THIS instructions brought everything together.

HOWEVER, now I'm having trouble with saving the Categories settings. When I added some new categories, they showed in the category list on the settings page, but wouldn't come up with the categories in the widget. The older categories did, but not the new ones. I tried logging out and logging back in. Nada. Then I deleted all the categories except "uncategorized." Everything disappeared except "uncategorized." Then I added new categories. They will not save. Now I have only one category, "uncategorized." I've tried everything I can think of.

The site I'm having trouble with is www.maevemaddox.com

I'll appreciate a suggestion.
Thanks.

* TRY THIS *
go to ATO->Style & edit CENTER COLUMN and hit the green SAVE button and see if that makes it work, if it doesn't, select everything in 'The LOOP' do a CUT, hit the green SAVE, paste it back in and hit SAVE again and see if that works.

If it does, go thru all the Atahualpa option pages and hit the green SAVE to make sure it picks up all teh options.[/quote]
Old May 19, 2010, 12:39 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
Maeve, do you have posts assigned to all the categories? The categories won't show up on the site until there are posts for them.
Old May 19, 2010, 12:41 PM
Maeve

10 posts · Jun 2009
Arkansas
Send a message via Yahoo to Maeve
DOH!

I figured it out. All of the posts had gone into the "uncategorized" category.

Sorry to bother you!
Old May 19, 2010, 01:06 PM
emilyrose

13 posts · May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
emilyrose - check your plugins - do you have 'events calendar'? if so turn it off and try again. If you don't, disable them all and see if it gets fixed, then add them in one at a time till you isolate the culprit
I did that, and it turns out its the webshop Zingiri - any idea whats causing it specifically so that I can either fix it or ask the developers of zingiri to fix it?

thanks
Old May 19, 2010, 02:48 PM
cowboy3398

4 posts · Oct 2009
Canada
PART 1 OF 3
I am also having problems with the theme. Works fine on a windows machine, but not on a Unix machine. On the unix machine it is in a separate directory, fresh install, fresh database

On the machine that DOESN'T work:

# Operating System : FreeBSD
# Server : Apache
# Memory usage : 21.73 MByte
# MYSQL Version : 5.1.35
# SQL Mode : Not set
# PHP Version : 5.2.12
# PHP Safe Mode : Off
# PHP Allow URL fopen : On
# PHP Memory Limit : 128M
# PHP Max Upload Size : 128M
# PHP Max Post Size : 128M
# PHP Max Script Execute Time : 300s
# PHP Exif support : Yes ( V1.4 )
# PHP IPTC support : Yes
# PHP XML support : Yes

On the machine that DOES work:

# Operating System : WINNT
# Server : Apache/2.2.14 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.14 OpenSSL/0.9.8l mod_autoindex_color PHP/5.3.1 mod_apreq2-20090110/2.7.1 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.10.1
# Memory usage : 17.44 MByte
# MYSQL Version : 5.1.41
# SQL Mode : Not set
# PHP Version : 5.3.1
# PHP Safe Mode : Off
# PHP Allow URL fopen : On
# PHP Memory Limit : 128M
# PHP Max Upload Size : 128M
# PHP Max Post Size : 128M
# PHP Max Script Execute Time : 60s
# PHP Exif support : Yes ( V1.4 )
# PHP IPTC support : Yes
# PHP XML support : Yes

----
On the unix machine, the preview (prior to activation) does not show the theme properly; it only shows Powered by WordPress & the Atahualpa Theme by BytesForAll. Discuss on our WP Forum
Activating the theme shows the same improperly setup theme
Old May 19, 2010, 02:48 PM
cowboy3398

4 posts · Oct 2009
Canada
PART 2 OF 3

Exported results from SELECT * FROM `wp_options` WHERE option_name REGEXP '^bfa_ata'
Code:
INSERT INTO `wp_options` (`option_id`, `blog_id`, `option_name`, `option_value`, `autoload`) VALUES
(145, 0, 'bfa_ata4', 'a:263:{s:11:"use_bfa_seo";N;s:25:"homepage_meta_description";N;s:22:"homepage_meta_keywords";N;s:13:"add_blogtitle";N;s:20:"title_separator_code";N;s:15:"archive_noindex";N;s:11:"cat_noindex";N;s:11:"tag_noindex";N;s:18:"h1_on_single_pages";N;s:8:"nofollow";N;s:10:"body_style";N;s:10:"link_color";N;s:16:"link_hover_color";N;s:23:"link_default_decoration";N;s:21:"link_hover_decoration";N;s:11:"link_weight";N;s:12:"layout_width";N;s:16:"layout_min_width";N;s:16:"layout_max_width";N;s:12:"layout_style";N;s:30:"layout_style_leftright_padding";N;s:12:"favicon_file";N;s:16:"configure_header";N;s:14:"logoarea_style";N;s:4:"logo";N;s:10:"logo_style";N;s:15:"blog_title_show";N;s:16:"blog_title_style";N;s:17:"blog_title_weight";N;s:16:"blog_title_color";N;s:22:"blog_title_color_hover";N;s:17:"blog_tagline_show";N;s:18:"blog_tagline_style";N;s:15:"show_search_box";N;s:15:"searchbox_style";N;s:14:"searchbox_text";N;s:7:"horbar1";N;s:7:"horbar2";N;s:23:"header_image_javascript";N;s:31:"header_image_javascript_preload";N;s:22:"header_image_clickable";N;s:18:"headerimage_height";N;s:21:"headerimage_alignment";N;s:19:"header_opacity_left";N;s:25:"header_opacity_left_width";N;s:25:"header_opacity_left_color";N;s:20:"header_opacity_right";N;s:26:"header_opacity_right_width";N;s:26:"header_opacity_right_color";N;s:18:"overlay_blog_title";N;s:20:"overlay_blog_tagline";N;s:17:"overlay_box_style";N;s:13:"rss_box_width";N;s:15:"show_posts_icon";N;s:14:"post_feed_link";N;s:20:"post_feed_link_title";N;s:18:"show_comments_icon";N;s:17:"comment_feed_link";N;s:23:"comment_feed_link_title";N;s:15:"show_email_icon";N;s:20:"email_subscribe_link";N;s:26:"email_subscribe_link_title";N;s:19:"feedburner_email_id";N;s:18:"feedburner_old_new";N;s:18:"home_page_menu_bar";N;s:21:"exclude_page_menu_bar";N;s:20:"levels_page_menu_bar";N;s:21:"sorting_page_menu_bar";N;s:20:"titles_page_menu_bar";N;s:30:"page_menu_1st_level_not_linked";N;s:27:"anchor_border_page_menu_bar";N;s:30:"page_menu_bar_background_color";N;s:36:"page_menu_bar_background_color_hover";N;s:37:"page_menu_bar_background_color_parent";N;s:14:"page_menu_font";N;s:24:"page_menu_bar_link_color";N;s:30:"page_menu_bar_link_color_hover";N;s:19:"page_menu_transform";N;s:16:"page_menu_arrows";N;s:23:"page_menu_submenu_width";N;s:17:"home_cat_menu_bar";N;s:20:"exclude_cat_menu_bar";N;s:19:"levels_cat_menu_bar";N;s:20:"sorting_cat_menu_bar";N;s:18:"order_cat_menu_bar";N;s:19:"titles_cat_menu_bar";N;s:24:"add_descr_cat_menu_links";N;s:22:"default_cat_descr_text";N;s:26:"anchor_border_cat_menu_bar";N;s:29:"cat_menu_bar_background_color";N;s:35:"cat_menu_bar_background_color_hover";N;s:36:"cat_menu_bar_background_color_parent";N;s:13:"cat_menu_font";N;s:23:"cat_menu_bar_link_color";N;s:29:"cat_menu_bar_link_color_hover";N;s:18:"cat_menu_transform";N;s:15:"cat_menu_arrows";N;s:22:"cat_menu_submenu_width";N;s:19:"center_column_style";N;s:18:"content_above_loop";N;s:19:"content_inside_loop";N;s:18:"content_below_loop";N;s:17:"content_not_found";N;s:21:"next_prev_orientation";N;s:20:"home_multi_next_prev";N;s:21:"home_single_next_prev";N;s:21:"multi_next_prev_newer";N;s:21:"multi_next_prev_older";N;s:22:"single_next_prev_newer";N;s:22:"single_next_prev_older";N;s:25:"single_next_prev_same_cat";N;s:24:"comments_next_prev_newer";N;s:24:"comments_next_prev_older";N;s:27:"location_comments_next_prev";N;s:30:"next_prev_style_comments_above";N;s:30:"next_prev_style_comments_below";N;s:29:"next_prev_comments_pagination";N;s:24:"location_multi_next_prev";N;s:25:"location_single_next_prev";N;s:19:"next_prev_style_top";N;s:22:"next_prev_style_middle";N;s:22:"next_prev_style_bottom";N;s:10:"leftcol_on";N;s:22:"left_col_pages_exclude";N;s:21:"left_col_cats_exclude";N;s:11:"leftcol2_on";N;s:23:"left_col2_pages_exclude";N;s:22:"left_col2_cats_exclude";N;s:11:"rightcol_on";N;s:23:"right_col_pages_exclude";N;s:22:"right_col_cats_exclude";N;s:12:"rightcol2_on";N;s:24:"right_col2_pages_exclude";N;s:23:"right_col2_cats_exclude";N;s:18:"left_sidebar_width";N;s:19:"left_sidebar2_width";N;s:19:"right_sidebar_width";N;s:20:"right_sidebar2_width";N;s:18:"left_sidebar_style";N;s:19:"left_sidebar2_style";N;s:19:"right_sidebar_style";N;s:20:"right_sidebar2_style";N;s:16:"widget_container";N;s:16:"widget_title_box";N;s:12:"widget_title";N;s:14:"widget_content";N;s:12:"widget_lists";N;s:13:"widget_lists2";N;s:13:"widget_lists3";N;s:28:"category_widget_display_type";N;s:16:"select_font_size";N;s:16:"post_kicker_home";N;s:17:"post_kicker_multi";N;s:18:"post_kicker_single";N;s:16:"post_kicker_page";N;s:16:"post_byline_home";N;s:17:"post_byline_multi";N;s:18:"post_byline_single";N;s:16:"post_byline_page";N;s:16:"post_footer_home";N;s:17:"post_footer_multi";N;s:18:"post_footer_single";N;s:16:"post_footer_page";N;s:20:"post_container_style";N;s:27:"post_container_sticky_style";N;s:17:"post_kicker_style";N;s:23:"post_kicker_style_links";N;s:29:"post_kicker_style_links_hover";N;s:19:"post_headline_style";N;s:24:"post_headline_style_text";N;s:25:"post_headline_style_links";N;s:31:"post_headline_style_links_hover";N;s:17:"post_byline_style";N;s:23:"post_byline_style_links";N;s:29:"post_byline_style_links_hover";N;s:19:"post_bodycopy_style";N;s:17:"post_footer_style";N;s:23:"post_footer_style_links";N;s:29:"post_footer_style_links_hover";N;s:14:"excerpt_length";N;s:19:"dont_strip_excerpts";N;s:16:"custom_read_more";N;s:13:"excerpts_home";N;s:19:"full_posts_homepage";N;s:17:"excerpts_category";N;s:16:"excerpts_archive";N;s:12:"excerpts_tag";N;s:15:"excerpts_search";N;s:15:"excerpts_author";N;s:20:"post_thumbnail_width";N;s:21:"post_thumbnail_height";N;s:19:"post_thumbnail_crop";N;s:18:"post_thumbnail_css";N;s:8:"more_tag";N;s:16:"author_highlight";N;s:22:"author_highlight_color";N;s:29:"author_highlight_border_color";N;s:24:"comment_background_color";N;s:28:"comment_alt_background_color";N;s:14:"comment_border";N;s:19:"comment_author_size";N;s:23:"comment_reply_link_text";N;s:22:"comment_edit_link_text";N;s:23:"comment_moderation_text";N;s:24:"comments_are_closed_text";N;s:17:"comments_on_pages";N;s:19:"separate_trackbacks";N;s:11:"avatar_size";N;s:12:"avatar_style";N;s:15:"show_xhtml_tags";N;s:18:"comment_form_style";N;s:19:"submit_button_style";N;s:21:"comment_display_order";N;s:12:"footer_style";N;s:18:"footer_style_links";N;s:24:"footer_style_links_hover";N;s:20:"footer_style_content";N;s:20:"sticky_layout_footer";N;s:19:"footer_show_queries";N;s:5:"table";N;s:13:"table_caption";N;s:8:"table_th";N;s:8:"table_td";N;s:14:"table_tfoot_td";N;s:19:"table_zebra_stripes";N;s:14:"table_zebra_td";N;s:16:"table_hover_rows";N;s:14:"table_hover_td";N;s:22:"form_input_field_style";N;s:27:"form_input_field_background";N;s:15:"highlight_forms";N;s:21:"highlight_forms_style";N;s:12:"button_style";N;s:18:"button_style_hover";N;s:16:"blockquote_style";N;s:26:"blockquote_style_2nd_level";N;s:16:"post_image_style";N;s:24:"post_image_caption_style";N;s:18:"image_caption_text";N;s:19:"html_inserts_header";N;s:21:"html_inserts_body_tag";N;s:21:"html_inserts_body_top";N;s:24:"html_inserts_body_bottom";N;s:16:"html_inserts_css";N;s:16:"archives_page_id";N;s:18:"archives_date_show";N;s:19:"archives_date_title";N;s:18:"archives_date_type";N;s:19:"archives_date_limit";N;s:19:"archives_date_count";N;s:22:"archives_category_show";N;s:23:"archives_category_title";N;s:23:"archives_category_count";N;s:23:"archives_category_depth";N;s:25:"archives_category_orderby";N;s:23:"archives_category_order";N;s:22:"archives_category_feed";N;s:12:"css_external";N;s:19:"javascript_external";N;s:16:"pngfix_selectors";N;s:12:"css_compress";N;s:11:"allow_debug";N;s:16:"bfa_widget_areas";b:0;}', 'yes');
Old May 19, 2010, 02:50 PM
cowboy3398

4 posts · Oct 2009
Canada
PART 3 of 3

Going through each page and clicking SAVE makes the theme start working, but it looks like an older theme

Can't post code as it is too long
Old May 19, 2010, 02:57 PM
cowboy3398

4 posts · Oct 2009
Canada
Finally, if I take the bfa_ata4 from my windows machine and import it into the unix machine, the theme looks as expected.
Old May 20, 2010, 12:51 AM
Carlo

42 posts · Jan 2010
I have the notorious problem decribed here: all my settings seem to have vanished, the only thing remaining is the bare content. Such a shame, because this theme was really great.

Nothing else works but reinstalling an old version of the theme. I surely hope this will be fixed because I have not seen many of these destructive updates before. The theme worked fine, now its broken. With respect for all the hard work that went in there, but if it aint broken, don't fix it, is what my granny used to say......

I'll wait for the fix....
Old May 20, 2010, 01:01 AM
Carlo

42 posts · Jan 2010
I tries one version back: 3.4.8 but this had exactly the same problem. I am very cautious now and almost expect to have to abandon this theme altogether. Which is a damn shame, because it was very usable.
Old May 20, 2010, 05:21 AM
Carlo

42 posts · Jan 2010
I found a solution to this thing: if you hit the save button at the bottom of the RSS configuration page of Atahualpa, it loads the CSS without problems and the site looks like it should.