Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Adding a static page / link into the Page menu

Old Dec 7, 2009, 02:09 AM
nibb

2 posts · Dec 2009
Manchester UK
Hi folks,
apologies if this is handled somewhere in the Forum, there are so many posts and not really much to go off thats unique I could put in the search.

I use Ata across the board in a WPMU installation, so we have sub-blogs which can pretty much use the template how they like, however, I would like to ensure that adopters of the template have a fixed link in the pages menu at the top (which of course is created from the pages created specifically for that blog that links to the top level site.

I've done this sort of thing often enough in other templates, but of course the beauty of Ata is its massive configurability, and the cost is more complex code. I don't want to force a link in thats going to break anything.

Anyone know how this could be done?

best wishes and thanks in advance, and thanks for all the support Juggledad. Going to pursuade my boss to make a donation!
Old Dec 11, 2009, 03:19 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
take a look at these two posts and see if they could help

1) dig into the code see http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...=external+link
2) use a plugin see http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...=external+link