Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

[SOLVED] Can't get rid of Layout Container padding...

Old Aug 6, 2010, 03:37 AM
parker

6 posts · Aug 2010
G'day, could someone please help me out with this one, I'm lost...

I can't remove the layout padding/page margins (not exactly sure what the problem is) from this page: http://www.portmalmo.com.

It seems to be on every side of the container. I've tried setting padding, margin, padding-top/left, and margin-top/left to 0 in both Layout >> Layout Container Style and Body, Text & Links >> Body Style, but no luck.

Any ideas?

Cheers!
Old Aug 6, 2010, 08:13 PM
Blackjax

9 posts · Aug 2010
What space are you looking for that is missing?

I'm not an expert but the problem looks like your site is all on the left, not that you're missing layout padding. It looks pretty well filled in to the edges that you've allowed it to have to me.
Old Aug 8, 2010, 05:05 AM
parker

6 posts · Aug 2010
Hey mate, thanks for the reply. I probably didn't explain it well enough but it's not actually white space I'm missing; it's white space I have that I want to remove.

The whole page is supposed to be left-aligned, but if you look closely there are about 5 pixels of white space between the header image and the top/left of the page. The header image should be hard up against the sides of the browser.

It seems to be affecting the entire layout container.

You can see what I mean in this image...

Any ideas?
Old Aug 8, 2010, 05:31 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What release are you on? It looks like you are on 3.3.2 - Atahualpa is now at 3.5.3 (see http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=8405)

Before you go any further, please upgrade.
Old Aug 8, 2010, 06:18 AM
parker

6 posts · Aug 2010
Yeah on 3.3.2. Is there any guides for upgrading from old versions to 3.5.3? I can only find guides for the more recent editions.

I've done a lot of customisation in the atahualpa settings - is there a way to simply copy and paste entire folders/files/databases/etc without having to go through each setting one by one after I upgrade?

Cheers!
Old Aug 8, 2010, 09:31 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
You can install multiple versions of Atahualpa in the themes folder, they just have to be in their own folders. The theme options are stored in the database so unless you have changed the theme code, you should be set. You will need to copy any images into the atahualpa353/images/header folder

I'd also check out the BUGFIX 353-01 and put that in.

Once you have uploaded the theme to wp-contents/themes, you can use the theme picker to swap back and forth.

if you get a white screen on the site after activating 3.5.3, go to ato->Export/Import settings and press the 'Delete bfa_ata4' button at the bottom of the screen.
Old Aug 8, 2010, 10:05 AM
parker

6 posts · Aug 2010
Thanks a lot for clarifying that, I upgraded and it saved 95% of settings. It also fixed the white space padding at the top of the page.

However it did, oddly, set the align: left and font-family: settings to default... and after going through every section of Atahualpa Setttings, I can't figure out how/where to fix them.

So seeing these two new problems trump the white space issue, I'm gonna stick with 332 for now.

Any idea how to fix the white space issue in 332, or these two new problems in 353?

Thanks.

Last edited by parker; Aug 8, 2010 at 10:14 AM.
Old Aug 8, 2010, 12:00 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Quote:
However it did, oddly, set the align: left and font-family: settings to default...
Check out ato->Body, Text & Links->Body Style
Old Aug 8, 2010, 12:32 PM
parker

6 posts · Aug 2010
Thanks for your help. This is kinda weird though...

332:

"font-family: arial;" does work in "Body Text & Links >> Body Style", doesn't work in "Layout >> Layout Container Style"

353:

"font-family: arial;" doesn't work in "Body Text & Links >> Body Style", does work in "Layout >> Layout Container Style"

"align: left;" does work in "Layout >> Layout Container Style"

353:

"align: left;" doesn't work in both "Layout Container Style" and "Body Style"

Any ideas on that one?
Old Aug 8, 2010, 01:05 PM
parker

6 posts · Aug 2010
The only problem left was the "align: left;" ...but I give up; easier just to make the whole page centred and forget about it.

Thanks for your help mate.