Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Centering the content of the center column

Old Oct 30, 2010, 07:34 PM
gaidin

21 posts · May 2010
I currently have the theme set to a fluid width which I prefer but I am having issue with a player I have on a page I can define the width of the player but when I do so so it fits nicely, it bleeds over into the right column at lower resolution.

My solution was to set the width of the player to fit at a lower resolution but at higher resolution its left justified which looks not so nice. How do I specify that the content of the center column should be centered so that at either resolution the player will be centered?

or is there a more elegant solution via the theme settings?
Old Oct 30, 2010, 08:22 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Flex widths can be problematic for keeping things aligned properly and going with a fixed width may ultimately be the best solution in some cases. With that being said what do you mean by "lower resolution"? Are you talking about someone with an 800x600 screen or just resizing the browser window? Also do you have a link so we can take a look at the issue?
Old Nov 7, 2010, 09:55 PM
gaidin

21 posts · May 2010
lower res as in 600x800

btw I think I might have found a way and I have you to thank

wrap the shortcode in a <div> with center style

unmodifed here

and my trial fix here

they are both instances of the same player

Last edited by gaidin; Nov 7, 2010 at 10:00 PM.