Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

How to position logo image?

Old Feb 20, 2009, 02:18 AM
upscho

30 posts · Feb 2009
I have two questions regarding the logo image position:

1) How to align it not to the left but to the right side of the header area. I tried something as
Code:
position: fixed; right: 0;
in the "Logo image styling" box. But the result was not what I wanted (the logo also moved down behind my header image and it was oriented to the right side of the browser window).

2) How to align it to the right side but not of the whole header area but in line with the right side of the center column?

Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

Best regards,
upscho
Old Feb 20, 2009, 12:46 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Are you overlaying the logo over the header image?

If not, to move the logo to the right, turn Header -> Show Blog Title / Show Blog Tagline OFF and add via HTML/CSS Insert -> CSS Insert

HTML Code:
td.logoarea-logo {
width: 100%;
}
img.logo {
float: right;
}
div.rss-box {
width: XXpx;
}
XX = width of right sidebar

This should move the logo to the right side of the middle column, but it'd still be inside its default place, the logo area
Old Feb 21, 2009, 12:40 AM
upscho

30 posts · Feb 2009
No, I am not overlaying the logo over the image. So your solution works very well for me.

I noticed that the logo is aligned with the right side of the middle column if I choose "Header-Show Search Box" to "Yes". If it is set to "No" than the logo is aligned to the right side of the whole header area.

So with this setting I can control where the logo is aligned to. In the latter case I can add a search box as a widget to the right sidebar.

Thanks for your help!
upscho
Old Sep 15, 2009, 04:18 AM
venture4th

2 posts · Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by upscho
I have two questions regarding the logo image position:

1) How to align it not to the left but to the right side of the header area. I tried something as
Code:
position: fixed; right: 0;
in the "Logo image styling" box. But the result was not what I wanted (the logo also moved down behind my header image and it was oriented to the right side of the browser window).

2) How to align it to the right side but not of the whole header area but in line with the right side of the center column?

Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

Best regards,
upscho
Here's a fix i've used:

You can move the logo over by adjusting the margins - see below. Play around with the figure until it looks centered when you view your site. Not as precise as a center tag but it works. My theme is set to fluid width with max of 1250px. looks o/k in my browser but haven't checked in other browsers or resolutions.

To change the margin go to Atahualpa Theme Options/Style & edit HEADER AREA/Logo Image:Styling and change the last figure from 0 to the number of px you want to move it to the right. Add the px after the number.