Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

Post divider line spacing?

Old Feb 27, 2009, 11:30 PM
pltrace

25 posts · Feb 2009
I was able to get a post divider on my blog (which is not published yet) through research on this forum, but now I can't get any space added before the divider - ie it is too close to the footer info. Here is what I have:

div.post-footer {
clear:both;
display: block;
/* more ... */
margin-bottom: 20px;
padding-bottom: 10px;
border-bottom: dotted 1px #cccccc;

}

div.post-footer a:link,
div.post-footer a:visited,
div.post-footer a:active {
/* more ... */

}

div.post-footer a:hover {
/* more ... */
}

and changing the margin and padding doesn't work. Thoughts? Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 28, 2009, 03:30 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
You should never have to edit style.css. The first step would be to see if there's a section in the theme options where you can add styles for the area you want to change. For the posts, there are many textareas where you can put CSS at Atahualpa Theme Options -> Post/Page styling.

When there's no such CSS textarea for a part of the layout, you can still avoid hard coding into style.css by adding those styles through HTML/CSS Inserts -> CSS Inserts. The CSS Inserts come after style.css and will overwrite what's there.

Look at A. Theme Options -> Post/Page Styling -> Footer Box. There's
HTML Code:
 margin: 0;
padding: 5px;
It overwrites whatever you put into style.css.

You can also get space between posts by putting the bottom padding into A. Theme Options -> Post/Page Styling -> Post Container
Old Feb 28, 2009, 08:33 AM
pltrace

25 posts · Feb 2009
awesome, thanks, that is just what i needed. your instructions are very good to a newbie like me. i love your theme, thanks so much!!