Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Edit link style in CSS

Old May 31, 2010, 03:18 AM
louisevarre

4 posts · May 2010
Hi,

I want to style my body links in CSS to get the effect of having a think line (1px) underneath the link (different color than text), which then becomes a line of 3px when hovered, again different color than text. I can do this by:

HTML Code:
a {
	border-bottom:1px solid #cccccc;
	padding-bottom: 2px; 
}
a:visited {
	color: #09C;
	text-decoration: none;
}
a:hover {
	color: #333333;
	border-bottom:3px solid #AD3417;
	padding-bottom: 2px;
}
a:active {
	color: #006;
}
a:link {
But then ALL links in the webpage change, including page titles, blog titles etc. I ONLY want the links in the text to change. Can anyone please help me?

Thanks

Louise
Old May 31, 2010, 05:29 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I haven't tested extensively but try adding #middle before the selectors for example
HTML Code:
#middle a
or
HTML Code:
#middle a:visited
Old May 31, 2010, 06:01 AM
louisevarre

4 posts · May 2010
Thank you Imiles, but no, it does not work.

See artdelamorena.com

I ONLY want the links to be affected that would normally be affected by editing the links in the theme options....
Old May 31, 2010, 06:08 AM
louisevarre

4 posts · May 2010
Actually, I stand to be corrected. The sidebar links are now back to normal, i.e. not affected by the new css style to the links. Which is not what I wanted, I wanted those to remain the same as the "normal" links.

The problem is that the page menu, and post titles also have the new link css. Not what I want.

The formatting that I had done to the page menu is gone...

Any help much appreciated!
Old Jun 1, 2010, 11:45 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
You could try

div.post a:link

... etc. to target links inside posts
Old Jun 1, 2010, 01:09 PM
louisevarre

4 posts · May 2010
Thank Flynn, but if I understand correctly I would have to add html on each post. This is for a client that already has 1000 + posts, so need something general...

I could probably work around the page menu, by tweaking the css. But what about the page/post title?
Old Jun 1, 2010, 01:34 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Flynn's suggestion is to put that into the CSS inserts and then it would effect all posts
Old Apr 30, 2011, 11:36 PM
Kmax

8 posts · Mar 2011
Is there any way to change just the text link style inside a post?

I used
HTML Code:
div.post a:link
but it changed the CSS for the links in the footer area of the post and post comments.

Is there any div that's just for the post text itself and no other links? I worked on this for about an hour last night and poked around online with no luck except for this forum post. My site is www.mybeijingstories.com if it helps.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Last edited by Kmax; Apr 30, 2011 at 11:39 PM.
Old May 1, 2011, 04:30 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Use 'div.post-bodycopy'
Old May 1, 2011, 09:31 AM
Kmax

8 posts · Mar 2011
Thanks! That was just what I was looking for. My site looks even better now