Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

[SOLVED] Question about editing in phpmyadmin

Old Dec 6, 2009, 05:47 PM
Dani808

22 posts · Dec 2009
Hawaii
Hello all! I donated and am waiting for Juggledad to get me in the Gold forum but meanwhile I have a question.

First I have to say I love this theme, it is the best I have seen so far! I went through 5 before I found one I could work with. This is my first wordpress site, I think I am going to do everything in wordpress from now on! I can't wait to see what you guys do next.

Anyway my question is, I downloaded this to a server in my unlimited hosting account. I set up the domain as I would for any other site and it does take you to the page but when you go anywhere else it shows the domain of the root where the database is located. I went in and did a browse under wp_posts and found all occurrences and changed them to the right domain. But it still isn't showing. Is there a step I am missing here? And for future reference, is there a way to set these up in an unlimited hosting account so I don't have to go in manually like this every time or am I always going to have to go and get a separate hosting account under the domain name attached to the site?

The domain for the site is http://www.hearttheearth.org and the location where the database is http://www.bosshi.com/blog

MAHALO!
dani
Old Dec 6, 2009, 07:42 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I'm not real clear on how you are setting your sites up but the way I do it is I have my main domain and then I create what cPanel calls addon domains which are really subdomains with the proper pointers configured. This is nothing I do. It is all done when I add the addon domain. With the variety of hosing companies it's kind of hard to nail down exactly what you need to do but I would check with them.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 08:10 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
dani,
You should be able to point each of your domain name at a folder in your root directory and install a copy of wordpress there. Ie lets say you have a.com, b.com and c.com

Your host should provide a 'domain setting' function where you can point the domain name at a particular folder on your site, it could be the root or a sub-folder or a sub-sub-folder.

In this example, lets call your root 'foo' you might create a folder 'Stuff_for_A' and another called 'Stuff_for_B' and a third 'Stuff_for_C'. So using the 'domain setting' function, you would point
a.com at foo/Stuff_for_A
b.com at foo/Stuff_for_B
c.com at foo/Stuff_for_C
and you would install a copy of wordpress in each one. You would also setup three databases DBA, DBB and DBC. Next you would need to go into each wordpress inseall and setup the wp-config.php to point at the right database for the site.

I currently have 5 wordpress sites and 4 other sites installed on my host all in subdirectories.

Does this answer your question?
Old Dec 7, 2009, 07:46 PM
Dani808

22 posts · Dec 2009
Hawaii
OMG I am so embarrassed. I realized I did not change the domain in the settings section. Something so basic, I totally overlooked. I spent all that time manually changing records in phpmyadmin and all I had to do was change that section!

Thank you for trying to help. Ugh I had those duh moments.