Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

Inserting logout link into Montezuma

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Apr 16, 2016, 10:57 PM
flyboy

115 posts · Sep 2010
Inserting logout link into Montezuma

I wish to add logout link into the header, but I'm having problems:

1. Adding <a href="/wp-login.php?action=logout">Logout</a> redirects to a page asking to confirm logging out (undesired)
2. Adding the usual <a href="<?php echo wp_logout_url(); ?>">Logout</a> into header subtemplate doesn't output the actual logout link

I know that I could create a widget and use that to output the logout link, but that feels a bit like joining the marines just to learn to fold the underwear.

Any idea how to create a simple logout link? Is it possible to create an extra php file and call it from a subtemplate or something like that? If so, what would be the steps?