Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

Add SHARE THIS icon below the post footer?

Old Aug 20, 2009, 10:09 AM
eggd

5 posts · Aug 2009
I have seen the code to add the SHARE THIS icon next to the post footer but what about below the post footer(ie. date, category comments). I would also like to separate them with a 1px dotted line.

Any suggestions?

If not, what about just adding another line below stating " Share this post with: Digg, Facebook, Twitter"

Last edited by eggd; Aug 21, 2009 at 12:29 PM.
Old Aug 20, 2009, 11:47 AM
AnneTanne

40 posts · Jan 2009
Belgium
You could set the border-bottom of the post-footer to a dotted line, and add the html for the SHARE THIS icon within the loop and under the footer...
(ATO / style & edit CENTER COLUMN / The LOOP:
Add the code after <?php bfa_post_footer('<div class="post-footer">','</div>'); ?>
and before </div><!-- / Post -->
Old Aug 21, 2009, 12:28 PM
eggd

5 posts · Aug 2009
Thanks! Adding the dotted line was embarrassingly easy!

For the Icon, I put some javascript into the post footers and was able to get it on the same line as the date, category and comments.

While your approach did work, it added the icon to all pages. I just needed them added to the blog posts.