Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » ThemeFrame Presales »

Using themeframe would be possible to edit Atahualpa based-themes?

Old Nov 22, 2010, 04:05 PM
Gilbert

4 posts · Nov 2010
Using themeframe would be possible to edit Atahualpa based-themes?

Also, it would be possible to edit child themes for other WP frameworks such as Thematic?
Old Nov 22, 2010, 04:22 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
No, you can not edit the themes
Old Nov 23, 2010, 01:37 PM
Brad Smith

7 posts · Apr 2010
South Carolina
I am a bit confused. I thought this created child themes. You start with something close to what you want and then use this tool to fine tune it to your desired outcome and it creates the child CSS file to upload and use.

And/or is it you have to start from scratch everytime when creating a theme using this tool?

And/or is it you cannot edit a proprietary theme like Athualupa and Thematic because they have custom name references in them (guessing - do they)?
Old Nov 23, 2010, 01:42 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
You can't take an existing theme (like Atahualpa) and use ThemeFrame to modify it.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 02:07 PM
Brad Smith

7 posts · Apr 2010
South Carolina
If themes cannot be edited, do you always need to start from scratch?

I guess what I am asking is a workflow related question. What do I start with, what do I work on, what do I end up with.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 04:52 PM
Dave Pitman

430 posts · Nov 2010
Pacific Northwest
Hi Brad,

I'm new to themeframe, and fairly new to WP, but I'll try to give you a couple of answers.

First, you can watch the video. It shows the Themeframe workspace in action

The attached .zip is the the default starting point in Themeframe. You can use it in WP, just load it the same as any theme.

In it's current form, this is the only a starting point. You can save copies of your own work, and modify them in different ways going forward. And, save them at any point.

There are no "theme templates" included in Themeframe other that it's default.

I suppose that users could share their work with each other if they wish.

Hope that helps a little.

Last edited by Dave Pitman; Dec 8, 2010 at 06:08 PM.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 12:46 PM
Dave Pitman

430 posts · Nov 2010
Pacific Northwest
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
Bottom line is Themeframe offers much greater flexibility. The trade off is a bit more of a learning curve....
I agree completely with Larry.

It only make sense that a tool that is more comprehensive will take longer to learn.

In respect to Artisteer; What it does, it does very well. But, you can quickly bump up against it's limitations.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 01:44 PM
dns4me

8 posts · Oct 2010
Clearwater, Fl
Send a message via Skype™ to dns4me
I just did a quickie with Artisteer and it actually looks pretty good for a newbie. I agree with the limitations, I can already get a feeling about that. But for $49 it's a good for quick easy sites in a rush.

Still waiting to get my access upgraded to download ThemeFrame.

Thanks everyone for your comments.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 03:43 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Dsn4me- I sent you a PM at 9 this morning
Old Nov 27, 2010, 06:18 AM
dns4me

8 posts · Oct 2010
Clearwater, Fl
Send a message via Skype™ to dns4me
Got it.. Thanks for the help.

I like ThemeFrame so far - It will keep me busy for a while learning it.

Happy holidays Everyone..
Old Dec 4, 2010, 02:05 PM
HiTechBiniou

6 posts · Dec 2010
Hi people,

I'm a bit confuse.

Some people say here that ThemeFrame does NOT have the option to *edit* an already made theme.

So then, what is the *import zip file* function inside TF do if not importing another theme from its zip file?

Thanks for your feedback.

Mario Bruneau ...trying to have Wordpress behave like I WANT and not like other wants.