Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Add HTML/css inserts

Old Dec 14, 2011, 07:33 PM
TeacherMac

7 posts · Dec 2011
Add HTML/css inserts

Wordpress 3.3
ATA 3.7.3

Fantastic and powerful theme to learn and build with.

I see many references using Add HTML/CSS Inserts but all my fields are blank yet I see others refering to line numbers in the code. What am I missing?

The defaults are all blank and I get the same with the plugins disabled.

Changes I have made to the CSS.php work fine but I agree the HTML/CSS Inserts would be faster.

Thanks,

Mac
Old Dec 14, 2011, 07:44 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
If you make changes to CSS.php, each time the theme is updated, you will have to make them again. By adding any changes to the CSS inserts, hey become a theme option and will carry over during theme upgrades
Old Dec 14, 2011, 07:57 PM
TeacherMac

7 posts · Dec 2011
My point exactly however if everything is blank how do you find anything?

As I said all the boxes are blank so I'm unable to scroll to entries I need to change.

I needed to add some space above my header as it was right at the top.

%image %page-center.

I spent hours trying to find an answer and only a few minutes editing the file to make the change.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 08:24 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Do you mean there is nothing in ANY of the options?
If so I'd say your install got messed up. Did you install it automatically from Wordpress.org?
If you haven't done too much, press the reset all options button and see what happens, but I suspect the install timed out and it didn't complete.

Your host isn't godaddy by any chance is it?
Old Dec 14, 2011, 08:43 PM
TeacherMac

7 posts · Dec 2011
Host: Fat Cow

Did the reset with the same results. I have WordPress running on 10 of my domains but ata only on one. The installation was quick and there were no apparent errors.

I have included a screen shot.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HTML CSS Screen Shot.png
Views:	756
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	1678  
Old Dec 14, 2011, 09:00 PM
Knut Sparhell

34 posts · Jun 2010
Fredrikstad, Norway
The default inserts are blank. This is intended. You are meant to add elements or CSS rules.

The C in CSS means cascading. By adding more specific CSS and/or later rules they will apply without changing the previous/existing CSS rules.

If you must add rules that are less specific than the existing ones you may include the !important clause to make it take effect.

To find the relevant selectors to use (target elements/ids/classes) I recommend some web authoring tool for your browser.