Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Keep rotating Header Image on Home Page and Different header image on each p

Old May 16, 2012, 11:43 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You could use CSS to hide the header on all pages and then other after it to show on the home page. Here is an example
HTML Code:
#imagecontainer {
    display: none;
}
body.home #imagecontainer {
    display: block;
}
Old May 17, 2012, 10:57 PM
SharonJ

644 posts · Sep 2010
Duncan BC Canada
Would it work to put a widget area in the header area (this-from Juggledad)

1) add the following to 'Configure Header Area' HTML Code:
<?php bfa_widget_area('name=Header widget area'); ?>
2) go view the front page of your site
3) go to dashboard->appearances->widgets you should see your new widget area
4) put the widget you want into it. A text widget with a link to the banner.jpg file maybe.

Then install the plug in Display Widgets. Go to Widgets, go to the widget you have put in the header. Select Show Only on Checked. Then only check the Home page.

A bit convoluted but it will probably work.
Old May 17, 2012, 11:20 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
That will work fine and allow you to use perhaps another rotator. My suggestion would target the built in image rotator.
Old May 17, 2012, 11:56 PM
SharonJ

644 posts · Sep 2010
Duncan BC Canada
Oh yay. That is the missing piece I had not figured out yet. Thank you, Miles