Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Updating theme has changed my header image

Old Mar 10, 2012, 04:58 PM
beer wrangler

3 posts · Mar 2012
My header image has changed to a default one after the latest update! I cannot work out how to get it back. I have downloaded FTP software but have no idea how it works. Also when locations are mentioned I have no idea how to find them!
I just want a button that says ``Download image` in reference to Header Image - how come it just got more complicated?
Old Mar 10, 2012, 05:27 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
We all would like a button to do all this stuff but that would, and does, make for highly complex themes. And the themes that have buttons for uploading images to one place don't have buttons for others.

That's why I like Atahualpa. It gives you a bunch more flexibility but you do need to know how to use an FTP client and understand CSS to some extent. But using and FTP client is standard for website development. Like if you had a problem with a plugin and couldn't login to your site how would you delete the plugin without using FTP?

With that said how did you get the original header images uploaded? Also to have "a button" you could use a plugin for the headers that has that function but then you are going to have to learn how to add the code to the proper place in the theme options or perhaps learn how to add a new widget area to put the header widget.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 05:38 PM
beer wrangler

3 posts · Mar 2012
er Thanks I guess - but sadly i am no nearer to resolving this problem.
Can just revert to an older version of the theme? and can someone explain FTP uploading to the theme I don`t know how to direct it to the theme. As for the mythical button - plenty of software applications and other themes allow you to simply upload an image without having to have an IT qualification. I am not trained in any way in computers but before today have used this theme with no problem, it was only after a suggested update.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 05:52 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Reverting to an earlier version will not help unless you did a manual upgrade in which case you would not "revert" you would just switch to the other version as you would have two versions installed. I suspect you did the auto update however so reverting will not bring the images back.

Again... how did the images get uploaded before? The header images with this theme need to be uploaded via FTP.

BTW the plan is to have an upload function in a future version at least for the header images. I don't want to give any idea as to an ETA however.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 05:56 PM
beer wrangler

3 posts · Mar 2012
to be honest i don`t remember, i just followed the step by step when i converted from my old theme. i don`t remember having to download FTP software, I guess i`ll find someone to help. I`m sure a friend knows more about this than me!