Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

Showing Excerpts or Full Post Depending Upon Number of Posts

Old Sep 8, 2009, 06:27 AM
LindaS

3 posts · Sep 2009
I am using "Read More" tags to generate post excerpts and have set Configure EXCERPTS to display Full Posts on all page types. On pages that are normally Multi-Post pages (Home, Category, Archive, Tag, Search, and Author pages), when there is only one post, a single excerpt is displayed with a "Read More" link. The user is likely to be frustrated or annoyed that they must click yet another link and wait for another page to load before they can read the post. I would like to display the full post immediately on such pages when it is the only post. Multiple posts should continue showing only the excerpts. The WordPress Codex gives sample code for this. I have tried pasting the sample code In Style and Edit CENTER COLUMN, "Above the LOOP" as well as in "The LOOP" without success. How do I adapt the WordPress code to work with Atahualpa? (Using 3.4.2 with WP 2.8.4.)
Reference: http://codex.wordpress.org/The_Loop_...umber_of_Posts

Last edited by LindaS; Sep 8, 2009 at 11:32 AM. Reason: clarify