Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Lost Horizontal Scrolling Announcement with upgrade

Old May 1, 2013, 09:54 AM
John Rowe

4 posts · May 2013
Hi, I'm using Atahualpa theme for my www.BlueOrbTravel.com website and really love it. My WP and Atahualpa versions were automatically upgraded recently and I lost the Horizontal Scrolling Announcement (Gopi plugin) that appeared at the very top of all my pages and posts. Could you tell me exactly where to insert the short code <?php announcement(); ?> (as instructed by the plugin) into the editor to restore this feature, if it is still possible. Or perhaps there is a new way I have to insert it. Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Old May 1, 2013, 11:53 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What version were you on?
Is your host Bluehost?
where did you previously put that code?
Old May 5, 2013, 04:57 PM
John Rowe

4 posts · May 2013
I do use BlueHost and somehow both WP and the Atahualpa theme were suddenly updated from several versions back without my knowing. Unfortunately, I don't remember which version of each I was using. BlueHost was able to help me restore most of my customizations, but not the Gopi horizontal scrolling announcement.
http://www.gopiplus.com/work/2010/07...-announcement/
Previously, I just placed a small bit of short code in appearance-editor-header.php. This is a very popular plug-in and one of my favorites, so am hoping I will be able to get it back at the top of my header. Thanks so much for taking time to assist me with this.
Old May 5, 2013, 08:33 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
yup, several people have reported bluehost has updated their sites with out forwarning.
I'd try adding a new widget area into the 'Configure header area' option and putting the code in the widget.
Old May 10, 2013, 09:23 AM
John Rowe

4 posts · May 2013
That did the trick. I now have my horizontal scrolling announcement back up and running. Thanks so much again for taking time to assist me. Really appreciate it!
Old May 10, 2013, 11:34 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I'm curious. What is it about the horizontal scrolling announcement you like?

I don't want to have to wait for all of it and so go off the page rather quickly which I think is what many may do.

But maybe there is some advantage I'm not thinking of.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 01:21 PM
John Rowe

4 posts · May 2013
Sorry for the late response, but I just came across your comment. I like Gopi's Horizontal Scrolling announcement because it adds a little flare to the top of my webpage. It also gives me a place to add a quick comment or direct readers to a specific page. I appreciate your input and will try to keep my scrolling announcement short so it doesn't discourage readers from staying on the page. Really like the Atahualpa theme and the great back-up you all provide. Any other suggestions you have will be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much again! John Rowe
www.BlueOrbTravel.com