Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Best photo gallery plugin? (a crowdsourcing question)

Old Oct 28, 2009, 05:40 PM
lhanft

88 posts · Jul 2009
Cleveland, OH
I need to set up a photo gallery for a new user.

If it were for me, I'd just stick them in a WP post using tables to control the layout, but this client will need a much simpler solution.

What do YOU think is the best looking, simplest-to-use photo gallery out there? I already use NextGEN Gallery is other spots on the website, but this client won't be able to insert shortcodes in posts or specify in the shortcode what style of gallery she wants.

She currently uses Picasa to edit, resize, and organize her photos. She doesn't have Photoshop, and any photos that need special work (hue changes, repairs, focus enhancement, etc.) I do for her on Photoshop.

Anyone know of a plugin that produces a good-looking gallery and requires a minimal amount of knowledge to use?

Thanks,
Lila
Old Nov 1, 2009, 04:41 AM
bArtAA

4 posts · Nov 2009
if the user allready has an picasa-site you can use this plugin http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/kpicasa-gallery/

another great photo plugin i use myself is lazyest-gallery http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/lazyest-gallery/

Try them out to see if one of them is good for you
Old Feb 3, 2010, 10:42 AM
pasyuk

1 posts · Feb 2010
Hey! There is cool flash gallery plugin for wordpress to make your theme realy nice. Named GRAND Flash Album Gallery – multi category flash skin based photo gallery with powerful admin.

Last edited by juggledad; Apr 11, 2011 at 03:46 AM.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 02:13 AM
SandraWhite

1 posts · Apr 2011
Hey, I’ve understood you discuss the problem which is very interesting for me. I need a very simple flash photo gallery. I don’t have any designer background so I need an intuitive interface. But I wish the design of the gallery was pretty nice. I want to make a bright slideshow but I want it was easy! Thx a lot!
Old Apr 11, 2011, 07:40 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
Be careful about using Flash, since people using iPads and some other Apple products won't be able to view your slideshow.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 11:58 AM
muychingon

17 posts · Apr 2009
Irvine, Orange County
A very simple gallery can be done with built in wordpress... create a category structure for posts... upload the pictures to go into a "post" and use the media "insert gallery" option. This will give you a basic layout of all the photos attached to the post and you can then style it.

If you add a simple lightbox plugin, then you can even have the images pop up nicely and navigate from one to the next.

Just a thought since you wanted it simple.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 09:55 AM
webbie

13 posts · Feb 2010
Simplest one I found is wp photo album plus
Old May 11, 2011, 06:12 AM
firstgentrekkie

5 posts · Mar 2011
New England
I was wondering if the answer to this question has changed at all in the past year or so?