Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

[SOLVED] Not able to edit pages

Old Aug 28, 2009, 09:15 AM
thebookwright

23 posts · Jul 2009
Guildford
[SOLVED] Not able to edit pages

I'm not sure if this is a plugin problem but suspect this recurring instability may have been caused by a plug in installation

Every so often I am unable to re-edit specific page (never posts) - I just get a grey screen no editor

I also notice that on no pages does the Quick Edit work

Old Aug 28, 2009, 10:19 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
if you switch to the default theme, do you get the same issue?
Old Aug 29, 2009, 04:28 AM
thebookwright

23 posts · Jul 2009
Guildford
Good suggestion but before I do that, when I switch back will all my settings be preserved

& is there a back up mechanism that doesn't involve MySQL ? e.g. like an XML file with all the settings in it ?
Old Aug 29, 2009, 06:00 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
All the Atahualpa theme settings are stored in the wp-options table (ase are most theme settings). Swapping themes will not effect them.

As a matter of fact, one of the causes of 'bloating' a wordpress database is trying out lots of themes and plugins. Each one adds things to wp-options (and other places - some even create new tables), but very few have a 'uninstall' option that will remove what they put in there. There are notes out on the web for cleaning out the database to make it speedier.

Last edited by juggledad; Aug 31, 2009 at 05:34 AM.
Old Aug 31, 2009, 03:42 AM
thebookwright

23 posts · Jul 2009
Guildford
Hi there - yep switching themes seems to allow the editing function to come back

& my suspicion was that this all started when installing plugins

In fact, I have to now manually install any plugin now too !!
Old Aug 31, 2009, 05:52 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
what do you mean you have to manually install plugins?