Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Menu Bar Parent Page blank with sub pages

Old Nov 2, 2010, 03:12 PM
AmysBlog

7 posts · Oct 2010
Hello,

I've searched all I can on my own but I need some help please. I'm trying to help a friend with her new blog.

On my site livingthedomesticlife.com if you click on a parent page like coupon policy or about it will go to a page that shows all the sub pages information. In other words you don't have to click on the sub page to see the information yet you still can.

on her site
thewaywesave.com if you click on the parent page there is nothing there. You have to click on the sub page to see the information. She wants to make it like mine so that you see the info on the parent page but could still go right to the sub page if you clicked that too.

Thru searching I have found that we have the same settings in ATO Header Area Page Menu Bar. I figured at first her 6th option of 'Don't link first level parent items' must be at a yes but it is not.

Further research I found these bug fix and wordpress menu bar threads...

http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=7654

http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=9558

However she has wordpress 3.0.1 as do I and Atahualpa 3.4.9 as do I. I know we both should upgrade but can't do that right now. The bug fix as in the first link is for Atahualpa 352 / 353 which she doesn't have.

Moreso I'm most confused on why mine is working and hers is not with the same settings in page menu bar and the same versions of wordpress & atahualpa.

any idea how I can get hers to pull the information on the parent page if you don't click on the sub page as mine does?

Thanks so much for your time and help.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 04:35 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
are you both using the atahualpa menus or the new wordpress menus or is one of you using one and the other...the other?
Old Nov 2, 2010, 04:54 PM
AmysBlog

7 posts · Oct 2010
We are both using atahualpa menus. Neither of us have done anything in the wordpress menus
Old Nov 2, 2010, 07:46 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
There is something different because her site uses %page-center and you use %page and different classes are being created
Old Nov 2, 2010, 08:13 PM
AmysBlog

7 posts · Oct 2010
Yes you are correct under style and edit Header area I do have %page-center and she has % page.

The formatting is the same under Page Menu Bar.

Do you think the difference in %page-center and %page would be making the difference? I'm still at a lose here!

THanks
Old Nov 3, 2010, 05:52 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
on your site, go to dashboard->Pages->pages and look at your coupon policy page. What do you have there?
Now go do the same on her site. What does she have on the page?