Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Running WordPress » Web Hosting for WordPress »

[SOLVED] 'mysql' import syntax

Old Jan 16, 2010, 11:12 AM
horsemansarts

122 posts · Jul 2009
Hi,
I read through the migration steps and I have done all of this before. One problem I'm having though is the fact that I HAVE used phpMyAdmin for the import of the database. I guess the files have always been manageable. Now the file I'm trying to import is 2.3MB and that is too big.

Will the 'mysql' import syntax be able to handle the larger file size? If not, what do I do?

Thanks SO much in advance!

Sharon
Old Jan 16, 2010, 12:21 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
the difference between using phpMyAdmin to inport a database and mySQL is like night and day. Use the mySQL syntax and watch it fly!
Old Jan 17, 2010, 01:14 PM
Thomas

87 posts · Dec 2009
Send a message via Skype™ to Thomas
moving another site and a little stuck this time..what is the sql import syntax? I searched and can't seem to find it..Thanks
Old Jan 17, 2010, 02:06 PM
Thomas

87 posts · Dec 2009
I am having so much difficulty with this. I am trying to move\copy a site to a new domain. I did this successfully about a month ago.

I installed a fresh copy of wp on the new site and edited the wp-config.php with the db name, username, and password of the database to be brought over. I tried to name the database the same and with the same username and password during the set up process but I was not allowed to duplicate the values.

I then dropped the tables out of the newly installed blank wordpress database and tried to import the database (that I had exported) from the live site. Every time I try this I get a permissions error saying the username of the new blank database does not have permissions - I even tried switching the db name, user and pw to the new and still no luck - I'm pulling my hair out..any suggestions?

Thanks
Thomas
Old Jan 18, 2010, 01:34 PM
Thomas

87 posts · Dec 2009
I resolved this - I use a Plesk interface to my leased server \ phpMyAdmin and I was trying to do the import via the "domain" phpMyAdmin interface. It was an ownership issue. I went out to my "Account" and into the sql databases from there and went into the phpMyAdmin that way and the import flew in no problems..but I'm not going to get my Sunday back!
Old Apr 9, 2010, 06:39 AM
peter

2 posts · Apr 2010
usa
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
the difference between using phpMyAdmin to inport a database and mySQL is like night and day. Use the mySQL syntax and watch it fly!
i also think so