Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Sidebar only on a certain partent page and sub pages

Old Oct 5, 2012, 11:39 AM
esa036

15 posts · Sep 2012
[SOLVED] Sidebar only on a certain partent page and sub pages

I would like to have the same menu bar on the left side of a set of pages, but those pages will only be identified by their parent page.

For example:

(these are area all on the main menu at the top of the page).
1. Home
2. Project A
3. Project B
4. About
5. Contact

However, on all of the pages that are nested under "Project A" I want to have a left sidebar that is visible on all pages where "Project A" is the parent or grandparent of that page.

Thanks,
Old Oct 5, 2012, 11:42 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You can create a menu and then use a plugin to only show on the pages you want. There are also plugins that let you create a menu from child pages which will require nesting the pages.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 10:33 AM
esa036

15 posts · Sep 2012
Thanks i've figured this out.