Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Text Widget will not be placed on side bar

Old Jul 14, 2009, 11:53 AM
ladyhotchkiss

4 posts · Jul 2009
Word Press is most current version and Atahaulpa version 3.4.1. When I TRY to place the text box into the side it gets LONG, will not "drop" and then greys out. Any help would be appreciated.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 05:08 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Quote:
When I TRY to place the text box into the side it gets LONG, will not "drop" and then greys out
Do you mean you are using a text widget? putting in a post? changing the code?
post your url and describe where in your blog someone could look at the problem.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 04:05 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
If you#re running WP 2.8+ (or even if not) try disabling plugins one by one, perhaps you can track it down to a specific one
Old Jul 21, 2009, 06:37 AM
ladyhotchkiss

4 posts · Jul 2009
Yes, I am trying to use the standard text widget and place it in a sidebar. I am unable to "show" the problem . . . since I cannot get the text widget placed in the sidebar and it is a backend function.

I have tried disabling plugins . . . didn't solve the problem.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 06:56 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
what browser are you using? if IE try Firefox.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 07:04 PM
ladyhotchkiss

4 posts · Jul 2009
While conceptually I understand that a different browser might make a difference; IE is the STANDARD and DEFAULT for most. This is what works with EVERY OTHER thing I do; I am not changing the browser for one issue with a template. Easier to chose another template that functions for me with IE. Preferably this is a known problem and someone can help . . . I do REALLY like the template; but at some point it will not be worth the hassle. Hope it doesn't get to that point.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 06:18 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I realize that IE is the (ugh) 'standard', but what I'm trying to find out is if this problem occurs in all browsers in your environment

What version of WP and PHP?
What is the URL?
Can you add the text widget if you swap to the default theme?
Old Jul 22, 2009, 07:30 PM
ladyhotchkiss

4 posts · Jul 2009
So, I activated the default theme and NO I couldn't add the text widget; same thing happened . . . annoying. Does NOT happen with other standard widgets (at least the archive widget).

WP: Latest version.
PHP: Unknown
URL: http://www.ladyhotchkiss.com

I can be reached at lady@ladyhotchkiss.com.
Old Jul 25, 2009, 07:49 PM
aTart

8 posts · Mar 2009
I'm having the exact same problem. I finally switched to the default wordpress theme, used IE (latest version) and was able to put text in the text widget and save it. Then I could change the theme back to Atahualpa and it was good to go, I could even make further edits from that point on, with IE. I'm thinking something in the latest WP upgrade knocked it all off because I lost all my sidebar text widgets and my calendar and RSS icons as well. Good Luck!