Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

advice on creating a nav menu bar

Old Dec 17, 2009, 04:02 AM
rinoa3108

53 posts · Apr 2009
hello,
I am a newbie to css. i would like to create a nav menu on the left of my site:
www.bigmamas.com.au

what is the best way to go about it? flash? fireworks? css?
The links are in a solid box background, the fonts arent usual to web fonts, and i would like them to roll over and highlight.
If i use coding will i still be able to have this font?
if i use flash or fireworks i dont like it how the whole screen refreshes for a split second to get to each page.

any tips? cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	navlinkbox1.gif
Views:	1625
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	323  
Old Dec 17, 2009, 08:22 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
The easiest way would be to use the 'pages' widget then use CSS to style it.

Last edited by juggledad; Dec 20, 2009 at 06:59 AM.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 11:06 PM
rinoa3108

53 posts · Apr 2009
thanks for the advice,
am new to css, i assume you would add the code into the css inserts.
able to provide the css for the navigation? ie. on rollover, active, etc so that i can get it right the first time and not bug you for more beginner questions! many many thanks
Old Dec 19, 2009, 09:02 PM
rinoa3108

53 posts · Apr 2009
Hello,
Ive managed to find some css code to style the page widget. When i view the page with IE7 though, the red box isnt there. ive changed it to a .jpg, it was a gif before. is it true that IE doesnt read .gifs? Cheers