Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] how to link logo in header to more than one url

Old Feb 27, 2011, 10:34 PM
emaalyon

11 posts · Apr 2010
I designed my own logo and header at http://cleverhousewife.com

I may have gone about this the wrong way, but I included images of RSS, facebook, twitter etc. and I'm wondering if I can link each individual one?

Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 07:11 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
if they are all one image, you can't. If you break them into separate pieces, you can add a link to each

p.s. your center area is on top of the left sidebar (at least in safari)

Last edited by juggledad; Feb 28, 2011 at 08:04 AM.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 07:30 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
On a whim I did a quick search and found this neat tool that will help you build an image map from your image. I tested and it worked quite nicely. I put the code that was produced in place of %logo.

The process I would use is upload your logo which you have already done and then use the URL to that image in the image map tool. The code that is produces will be ready to paste in. You may have to fiddle with the CSS a bit for positioning.

I'm glad you asked the question as this was something I had been wanting to look into for some time but keep forgetting.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 09:54 AM
emaalyon

11 posts · Apr 2010
@JuggleDad, Thanks for letting me know about the center overlapping. It looked fine in IE. It's fixed now.
How do I upload more than one image in the header area, and once I do, how do I control where in the header they are placed?

@lmilesw, thanks for the info. I'll look into it.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 04:04 PM
emaalyon

11 posts · Apr 2010
Larry, thanks for the site. It works great. Now I just need to figure out if you can layer images. For example: my logo image with rss, facebook and twitter images (with links) on top of it? Do you know how to do this?
Old Feb 28, 2011, 05:18 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Using the image mapping site you don't need to layer images. You just map the various areas.

If you don't care to use that stie you will need to create separate divs for the images and position them with CSS. That will require some knowledge of CSS and Atahualpa.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 11:16 PM
emaalyon

11 posts · Apr 2010
I got it! You can see the final product at cleverhousewife.com

Thanks for your help!!

*SOLVED*